Star renames its sports channels to Star Sports 1, Star Sports 2, Star Sports 3, Star Sports 4, Star

• Thread starter Thread starter Jignesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 45
  • Views Views 48,362

Jignesh

Regulars
ISP
Beam Fiber
http://www.televisionpost.com/television/star-to-have-a-hindi-sports-channel-star-sports-to-become-mother-brand/
Star India has also decided to shed the ESPN brand in the country. The rebranded channel will be called Star Sports 4. Similarly, ESPN HD has been rebranded as Star Sports HD 2. The existing Star Sports channel will now be known as Star Sports 1 while Star Cricket HD will be rebranded as Star Sports HD 1.

So it goes like dis

Star Sports : Star Sports 1
Star Sports 2: Star Sports 2
Star Cricket : Star Sports 3
ESPN : Star Sports 4
Star Cricket HD: Star Sports 1 HD
ESPN HD: Star Sports 2 HD

Thats pretty much how it is in other countries with Sky, ESPN etc.
Bad for us, as it will allow them to shuffle content between channels for various series/events, forcing a lot of people to subscribe to all channels.

Hmmm.. I am reading effective Nov 6 - Ind V WI test series. What about promos for that series - have they started the promos - any indication of the change there?

Ideally Star Sports 1 HD and Star Sports 2 HD should simulcast events same as Star Sports 1 and 2 respectively.
I wonder how Tata Sky would package these HD channels if somebody is not subscribed to Star Sports 3 and 4 🙂

They shud seriously consider changing their logo. Current one is pathetic to say the least.

mhsabir said:
Hmmm.. I am reading effective Nov 6 - Ind V WI test series. What about promos for that series - have they started the promos - any indication of the change there?
Nope.You can see the logo of ESPN sometimes changes in between and it says "is changing" and then "4 days to go" and then again back to "ESPN".That's what I've seen today.

Yeah. Full page ad in Times of India.

Do they really have content for 6 different channels? How much are they going to cost? 300 rupees?

They have changed their existing 4 SD channels and 2 HD Channels with new logo....every thing else remains the same....
Probably in STar Cricket HD they might be airing more live contents apart from cricket....
By the way this new logo is large and also it sucks....

Well, they are not launching any new channel. Just renaming. Also HD channels are not going to have much unique content - So, its just 4 channels. Plus they intend to have a dedicated Hindi feed, if I understand correctly for Cricket & other sports - So yeah, basically just 3 channels like before. The worrying part is that they may rotate the content across channels to force subscribers as I mentioned.

Yes, even I didnt like there new logo! Its too big on the screen.

What a huge ass logo. Who designs these and more importantly who approves of them?
If your logo occupies 10% of screen, then it's a FAIL. (Hope the logo is in SD, they will realize their mistake and correct it soon)

I hope when we hit full digitisation, we will have one channel one program concept with the ability to change language settings. It sucks to have two channels beaming the same match in different languages.