Star Plus App for the iPhone

• Thread starter Thread starter rodeoz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2,425
When I 1st heard about this app , 2 questions came in my mind:1) How many housewives own i-phone ?2) How many working women find time to watch Soaps on i-phone in office ??😛

^ u r right. the target audience and the medium both are wrong unfortunately. if it were discovery or tlc etc then it wud be a right combo.

star world.

----------

why do people still write it as i-pad?

----------

i think it is pretty clear why they are offering star plus right now.

they probably own all the broadcasting rights for the content on it.

discovery, tlc, star world has international programming which have a totally different licensing structure which would make it impossible for them to offer it for streaming on the ipad or any other similar device.

And what about Star Movies and Star Gold ?? I think they will attract more viewership than Star Plus.

star movies and star gold mostly has movies which would have a totally different distribution rights system again.

----------

star one could be another candidate considering it is all local programming i think.

Star One shows older episodes/Serials of Star Plus. Also Star Plus telecast new episodes between 7 to 11 PM. Rest all the time they have repeat telecast and these episodes are easily available on You Tube + Mobile TV App on all 3G Network have star plus channel.

The App as of now seems more popular amongst expats than locals. And I believe a lot of women abroad - Indian/Pakistani/Bangladeshi could be owning an iPhone.