Standard Chartered DigiSmart Credit Card

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel

Applied for this coz no one else likes me.

Sleepy Good Night GIF by Mother Goose Club

Fun fact. Standard Chartered documentation for this card is very clear that it is not issued to existing customers. Lady on customer service said I can get it on my existing account but charges would remain. So went for it. Haven't received any sms or email regarding it. Would update if and when I get the card.

There are no reward points. Of the partners they have, I only shop on Grofers. That alone should save me a few bucks every month. I do hope they expand to more stores in future. For now, it seems like a massive compromise.

Last edited:
Seems like a decent card. Assuming one uses Myntra, Grofers, Ola etc. you could save like 2k a month

Yeah. Would have to order big individual orders on Grofers to gain maximum through it. Might also start shopping on myntra for a change 😂

If your existing card limit is 5L+ you can opt for SC ultimate by calling CC.

The monthly fee is waived if you purchase more than 5k in previous month - but it may not make sense to do that if one has a better rewarding card.

I am aware that they sent this Digismart card to all who were using their Landmark co-branded card as that partnership is over and hence no replacement of that will be sent once card expires. And if you say you don't want a card with fee, they are converting the Digismart card to free for those landmark card users.

Card description has no information on petrol pump charges which is bothering.

So found this in one of the PDFs.

25 or 2.5% of transaction (whichever is higher) on Railway transactions. 10 or 1% of transaction (whichever is higher) on Petrol transactions. The rate of surcharge may vary depending on acquiring bank.

so fuel transactions at petrol pumps are not free on all credit cards these days? if i end up accidentally using this card at a petrol pump, i would end up paying 35+18% for a tank full (assuming it costs Rs. 3500)?

Freaking rbi guidelines lol.

Noticed that digismart has appeared in backend. Yey.
Managed to find cvv online Yey.
Created cart in Grofers. Used digismart code. Entered card details. Went to OTP page. Got OTP. Transaction fails.

Got sms about domestic transactions disabled.

Goes back to StanChart App. Took me a while to find card management section. Digismart is not listed there. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Calls customer care. Lady tells me they are not allowed to change these settings for the customer. Card should appear in online card management in a day or two 💩

got the card today. still cannot enable online transactions because it does not appear in card management panel.

still no luck. a guy on twitter told me that he is facing the same problem and he got the card four days ago lol.

just appeared. enabled it in app settings. and was able to place order on Grofers. now wondering if i should use it as my primary card with zero points or just use it on grofers.