Standard Chartered Bank in India

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 93
  • Views Views 46,340
of course. the girl on the phone told me that she could process the payment at her end if i wanted to. so the system was indeed working. they just broke something on the web backend.

duh. i was talking about the scripts powering the web backend. 😕 connectivity with the primary database broken i assume. or whatever. sucks. thankfully i was able to make the payments in time. penalties and interest rates for credit card payment delays are baaaaad.

Well... There could be a database of the Web Frontend right , and that is what could be referred here.

duh. i was talking about the scripts powering the web backend. 😕 connectivity with the primary database broken i assume. or whatever. sucks.

thankfully i was able to make the payments in time. penalties and interest rates for credit card payment delays are baaaaad.

Yep, I know what you mean, same thing happened to me during payment of my last to last month's Credit Card Bill of Axis Bank. I had used Bill Desk inbuilt to my Kotak Bank account, have stopped using that card completely now though.

----------

Well... There could be a database of the Web Frontend right , and that is what could be referred here.

Could be, but it's really surprising to find buggy codes deployed on live.

And again could be a network connectivity issue , or some unplanned maintenance.

It is still happening! I got a call from their customer care that they are going to look into it and all that. I guess it's good to have the option to use the mobile app. 😕

you mean to pay for the credit card from another bank account? 😀

i paid using their breeze app. it is indeed a breeze to use it!

----------

something is wrong with standard chartered. this is the mail i got in response to my complaint. and no, i have not tempered with the font settings on the browser 😀

----------

server downtime my ass.

haha. i have a state bank of india debit card that seems to work only in some of the ATMs in my localities. other ATMs reject it. never understood why this happens.