Spyware with sify?

• Thread starter Thread starter ogtripleog
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 2,224
now isnt that strange ... after reading this post i cancelled an extra svchost.exe in my task manager and suddenly the net opened and started working .... now i am downoading nod32 for virus scanning .... all this time we were blaming sify when there was a virus here ... after all the care that goes in maintaining online security a virus still comes...i use ZA ...though for some time i was not using any firewall....while i was typing this the net got discnnected again....only after virus scan can i be sure now.......

hey guys remeber to clear system restore files after u clear virii, bcoz those file culd hav been saved adn when u use system restore u wuld get them back, so just be carefull. :mellow:

yeah that's what i had too. whenever i killed on of the two processes marked as network services.. my net would work fine 🤔

This is what i experienced too ........ strabge .......... I am sure its not a virus ..... I did scans in Windows/dos .... dos with ntsc support .... everything.......no not a virus........maybe a bug

If not a virus then maybe its not cause for slow internet or disconnections .Svchost can have multiple instances .

I don't think there is anything like spyware in Sify's client but changing your homepage is pretty bad and since it forces you to go to their homepage (which has advertis€m€nts) everytime you log in you go there and their ad views increase. Pretty slick way to generate more money.