Sports 18 on D2H for Fifa World Cup 2022

• Thread starter Thread starter rohitks
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 8,233
Does the app runs inside a browser? I saw a screenshot of it running inside browser on a TV. Probably not. Should be a proper app.

While I have d2h and subscribed to Sports 18, I went ahead and additionally took voot select because voot was broadcasting sports 18 live as a part of their package. the FHD was quite good and smooth. So I thought some times I can conveniently watch it from my room rather than sitting b4 TV.

Sadly came yesterday and voot removed Sports 18 from their platform and now it's only jio cinema. Searching the web returned this thing.

Viacom18 to shift sports content to JioCinema

Jiocimena it's too much buffering/too much lag and too much of jitter and not even sense of FHD. Pathetic.

JioCinema was bad as mentioned by several in Airtel as well as Jio's STB.

BTW JioTV+ on Jio STB also does not have any feed for World Cup. They are having 10-15 feeds for Cricket and Football (like Jio Cricket 1, Jio Football 1...) but none was broadcasting FIFA Worldcup 😀
There is Sports 18 HD on Jio STB which takes to live channel (just like other live channels)

Hope they fix this soon - I am a casual viewer, but even I am finding it tough to watch.

This time right now there's bit of improvement of quality in this current match ned vs sen on jiocinema but this time looks like they are skipping the initial part of national anthems. this is now consistent in this third match as well.
that event was very interesting to watch b4 the game starts.

Telecast is definitely better, maybe lesser users after opening day frenzy? I even explored the Hindi and Tamil commentaries for a couple of mins.

Silly question but does anyone watch the matches on a Jio STB? The Jio Cinema app on that doesn't show the match, I have to use the Jio TV one on the STB to watch Sports 18...