Splitter.. available in the market?

muttster`

Regulars
Regulars
no paypal option :(needed a splitter or two..

bugatti

Regular
Regulars
I got the splitter from bsnl too. When I got my connection, bsnl accidentally gave me the modem eventhough I had my own. So I used their modem for 2 months. After that I used my modem and airtel's splitter and it didn't work so I asked the bsnl technician to let me borrow the splitter for 15 days. After that I never gave it back to him and in june moved house. So I still have the splitter with me. The odd thing is that the frequencies used on this huawei splitter is a little diff from airtel. Not sure if airtel is deviating from the norm or huawei(I'm guessing huawei) but it is a problem because the bsnl guys don't sell splitters separately. To get around this problem, I contacted huawei india's office in bangalore and gurgaon but they don't deal with customers directly. Frankly, huawei's equipment and implementation is kind of inferior to airtel's dsl. In airtel(and other normal dsl ISP's around the world), you can use the phone line BEFORE splitting, but not with bsnl.And lastly, I spoke with ebay guys 2-3 weeks back and they will be phasing out paisapay in 6 months and introducing paypal in India.

muttster`

Regulars
Regulars
cool..paypal is nice :)even in MTNL im using line directly...i.e. no splitting..so both my splitters free..being used in other rooms..

jainnaren

Yes, There is some problem with BSNL DNS servers.They dont resolve paypal, either due to some problem or may be intentionally blocked :( .Regards

pupudada

Regulars
Regulars
Originally posted by jainnaren@Sep 28 2005, 04:31 PM
Yes, There is some problem with BSNL DNS servers.

They dont resolve paypal, either due to some problem or may be intentionally blocked :( .

Regards
[snapback]26548[/snapback]
[/quote]

From what I read somewhere else, the problem is due to the servers not being able to resolve `reverse dns' (sigh wish I knew what all this stuff was) not only Paypal.. try accessing this site...

Code:
http://area-51.severedfisch.com/area-51

cnsbsnl

Hi one and all

please ignore me for my lack of basic knowledge,
Can someone tell me what is this paypal and dns stuff being discussed here. These sound unfamiliar but I would like to know can anyone enlighten me on this.

Regards,
c.n.s :(

pupudada

Regulars
Regulars
DNS=Domain Name Service; Paypal is an organization through which you can transfer money from one country to another (even inter country) :)

cnsbsnl

Originally posted by pupudada@Oct 2 2005, 12:11 AM
DNS=Domain Name Service; Paypal is an organization through which you can transfer money from one country to another (even inter country) :)
[snapback]26928[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thank you pupudada.
cheers!

:)

prax

Splitters are available at lamington road it costs Rs 50 to 75 for the chinese model depending upon the dealeru can mail me at mailprax at yahoo.com for morewith courier it should not cost more than Rs 100u can run the adsl modem direct without a splitter splitter is needed before attaching a telephone - the splitter splits the signal to a lowpass signal for voice after which a telephone should be attached