Splitter.. available in the market?

pupudada

Regulars
[OP]
Regulars
May 11, 2005
my friend has managed to break his splitter. now the question is whether he can approach `bsnl' for a replacement (he is paying rental for the modem, but since the splitter has broken due to physical mishandling, i doubt `bsnl' will replace the same). cal a splitter be purchased from the market? if yes, what is the approximate price? thanks in advance.. pupudada

A

abdulrahman004

I have heard that this splitter is not just a common splitter available in market. Not sure though

pupudada

Regulars
[OP]
Regulars
May 11, 2005
yes.. sigh, it splits the signals into 2 different frequencies... not too sure technically.. so now what happens?? has the other person got no way out except to purchase a new modem? :( pupudada

computernut

May 6, 2005
Originally posted by pupudada@Sep 4 2005, 11:46 AM
yes.. sigh, it splits the signals into 2 different frequencies... not too sure technically.. so now what happens?? has the other person got no way out except to purchase a new modem? :( pupudada
[snapback]24030[/snapback]
[/quote]

well, i am not an expert in this, but i'm sure BSNL will be willing to offer a new splitter for a cost. They seem to use the same splitter , regardless of the type of modem, so it musn't be too difficult for them to sell you (or your friend) a new splitter without much problem. ( and definitely without having to buy a new modem )

-C'nut

cnsbsnl

Sep 20, 2005
Originally posted by computernut@Sep 4 2005, 12:04 PM
well, i am not an expert in this, but i'm sure BSNL will be willing to offer a new splitter for a cost. They seem to use the same splitter , regardless of the type of modem, so it musn't be too difficult for them to sell you (or your friend) a new splitter without much problem. ( and definitely without having to buy a new modem )

-C'nut
[snapback]24033[/snapback]
[/quote]

ya why not you get ADSL splitters in market, It is a simple FDM circuit, they separate voice frequecy and the other one.....
the prices start from 100 --- 250 Rs. a Rs.100-- 150 ADSL splitter must be fine, I have the same with me it's working fine.

cnsbsnl

Sep 20, 2005
Originally posted by pupudada@Sep 4 2005, 01:08 AM
my friend has managed to break his splitter. now the question is whether he can approach `bsnl' for a replacement (he is paying rental for the modem, but since the splitter has broken due to physical mishandling, i doubt `bsnl' will replace the same). cal a splitter be purchased from the market? if yes, what is the approximate price? thanks in advance.. pupudada
[snapback]24010[/snapback]
[/quote]

ya why not you get ADSL splitters in market, It is a simple FDM circuit, they separate voice frequecy and the other one.....
the prices start from 100 --- 250 Rs. a Rs.100-- 150 ADSL splitter must be fine, I have the same with me it's working fine.

cnsbsnl

Sep 20, 2005
[/quote]

hi.

Regards,
c.n.s.shastry

oldtimer

Geriatrix
Regulars
Jun 19, 2005
[/quote]

As I understand, the Huawei mt800 modem that i use, has a facility to connect without a splitter. The modem manual says it has a low pass filter to separate voice and data. I have not tried it myself, but it is worthwile to know if that will work!