Split AC with Alexa Support

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Have to buy a split ac for lobby. Would like to have Alexa support this time around. Was wondering if anyone here has purchased a wifi enabled model in recent times and how was the experience.

Solution
we got first floor and half of second floor built 4-5 years ago. at the time dad got all ac outside units moved to the roof so all piping were laid by the daikin guys in the outside wall (inside the wall cemented so replacing it is not really an option without breaking the wall again). dad said that same piping was used for all ACs. 4 ACs were installed on the first floor (2 of them have pipes going to the roof along with 2 on the ground floor). all purchased from the same daikin guys. so if r32 was used in daikin acs 4-5 years ago, the piping should be the same for the ground floor acs as well. i mean are the pipes different in design or material or thickness that one can check before buying the ac?

Update: Ended up buying Daikin...
TCL tac18csd/v5s and iFFalcon fac18csd/v5s both having google home, alexa and tcl home app support over wifi

u can try Nokia 1.5 ton 5star wifi connect tripple inverter split ac too
it has ton convertor option too

note- i am using tcl version from this list and it's awesome

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
My parents recently bought a Voltas one not sure about the model number, it’s. 3 star inverter one. The same model is available with Alexa support for an extra 2.5k (this was 32.5k)

The ac itself is very good, and Voltas was offering a 5 year warranty with it which covers all parts which is the main reason they went for it

Upvote 0
don't want to order through Amazon. would try to visit one or two showrooms tomorrow. LG seems to have some nice models with wifi support. i already have their shitty app for the wifi enabled washing machine so it would be nice to avoid another app though i suppose once alexa is configured, i won't really need the official app.

Voltas definitely is worth considering because they are usually cheaper than the bigger brand and split inverter acs are very expensive. we mostly have Daikin around the house and it would probably end up costing 50K for the non-wifi version so planning to pick another brand this time around. would see if voltas has a showroom around my place.

Upvote 0
i am using TCL version from this list and it's awesome
yeah. tcl has some well priced models. and i would have gone for it if it was for my own room. this one is for the common area and i do not want to be told that i made a bad purchase if the ac turns out to be a lemon lol. so would have to stick to known brands.

Upvote 0
Panasonic has all their inv ac wifi enabled based on Miraei technology. Wanted to go for it but since LG had better support, protection and my experience (washing machine) I decided to go for latter.
I was about to purchase wifi model, but my dealer told me that LG wifi models are not selling much due to issues. So dropped it and went for non wifi model.
So do check with your dealer if any issues.
A suggestion... Why don't go for a normal ac with a smart plug. It will also save you money. The smart plug is also voice enabled. I recall GeekyRanjit making a video about it. Do check it, if it suits you.

Upvote 0
voice control plugs are expensive for heavy appliances plus they cannot control the temperature. just on and off i assume so it's not just as fun. alexa support is just a novelty i would like to have because it makes a lot of sense for air conditioner.

Upvote 0
I did see Ranjit giving a demonstration and he did show increase/decrease in temps on his Panasonic AC using Alexa. There was a lag of 0.5 seconds but no big deal.

Source

This is about Panasonic AC.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Lloyd also has WiFi enabled ACs. Have been using Lloyd ACs (non WiFi) for a while now and they are awesome(better than the likes of Haier, samsung in maintenance and cooling power). Lloyd is underrated.

Upvote 0
hehe yeah. same problem. unknown brand in family.

the ac i am replacing is a nearly 20 years old Hitachi. i personally consider it a lemon unit coz i don't think it ever worked properly. but dad says it only went bad after shifting from panchkula to gurgaon. another old ac in the house is a 15 year old carrier that is still working quite well.

i would probably end up with another Daikin. but would visit the LG showroom tomorrow and see if they have good offers in-store. Voltas and samsung showrooms are all in different directions so probably would end up visiting vijay sales as well which is in the same location.

Upvote 0
Yeah, my bad. Seems like I got mixed between the two. Seen this video pretty long time ago. That Wipro plug probably has power monitoring and on off.
Haven't used Daikin before but LG's experience has been good till now.

Upvote 0