Solved: Split AC 1.5 ton | Voltas

ISP
Excitel
Airtel & Vi
My Sharp inverter AC has a bad leak in the cooling coil. So it's time to get a new one. Many users have mentioned that Voltas is a good buy considering the 5 years warranty. Kindly suggest some models?

Solution

Looks like they have changed the extended warranty thing. Now you need to pay 2990 for it, however you get 10 services as well (I think?) so still a good deal

my parents have used Samsung, LG, Daikin, Sharp, Hitachi split acs at different points of time. None of them lasted more than 4-5 years. I guess it might be area specific as well since the issue almost always was gas leakage

Voltas and Carrier have both worked fine
I am thinking about Voltas only for the 5 years warranty.

Upvote 0
When we say adjustable inverter AC, does it mean it comes with 5 modes and we've to manually adjust them for best power saving?
For the model you mentioned, yes it comes with 5 modes of power saving manually adjusted. I believe all inv ac with adjustable tonnage are now manually adjusted courtesy Tata.. Earlier they were automated with AI.
All inverter ac's initially consume same power as a non-inverter one. When it is close to the set temperature it will reduce its power consumption. If you want further reduction in power, then you can use the adjustable mode which reduces the tonnage, thereby lower consumption.
Do note that to see real difference in power savings with adjustable mode, the ac must run for atleast 5-6 hours. This mode is useful only when the desired temperature has been reached.
Also, do look for 2021 models. For some odd reason, Voltas is not updating its website to latest models.. 🙁

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Inverter AC’s can modulate the compressor motor to run at different levels instead of just on and off like normal ones. It’s more useful for putting less strain on your power supply and longevity of the part itself than power saving per se. The power saving is more a function of efficiency of the compressor (3 star, 5 star etc)

Upvote 1
@Tejas01 Artificial intelligence thoda zyada hogya ab. 😛

So I am thinking about the one @manu1991 has suggested which is this one.

When I am proceeding to check out, it's not giving me any option to pay Rs. 2990 for additional warranty, when does it have to be paid?

Upvote 0
I mean it had its own in built programme..
Some friends told AC automatically adjusting tonnage was good, some said manually adjusting was better, I prefer the latter.
Also, do refer to Sushubh's thread for more info on ensuring good installation.

Upvote 0
I remember when it was hot weather here and temperature was 45 degrees, my inverter ac was struggling to cool and was consuming double amperes. Normally it should consume 6 amps but was consuming 12+ amps for like 2 hours and then it came down to 8amps. Ac was 1.5 ton inverter.
So point is that inverter acs are crap as per my opinion. But other users might have different experiences.

Upvote 0
This is from BSES Rajdhani.... I was asking about BSES Yamuna...
Customer Care adviced to visit division office. Security guard at division office informed that the people dealing with this scheme are not coming.
Saw a banner of Hitachi AC under BSES replacement scheme. Spoke to them and sent my details and they have been telling me for last 18days, the scheme is on hold and will start in 2-3days.

Upvote 0
My area falls under Rajdhani. I didn't utilize the scheme, but these forms were shared by an official. I'm assuming they're still running the campaign. Maybe not.

Upvote 0
@ijsa I have purchased via the BSES scheme this year as well. The process is pretty straightforward and totally online, atleast for BSES Rajdhani.

Step 1. Login Here. Username and password will be CA Number.
Step 2. After registration, you can select which Model you want to go for and apply for that.
Step 3. You can check out all the authorized BSES showrooms from where you can buy. Some showroom's do start calling you that they have received a request but you can buy from the showroom which is nearby.

Steps and locations are mentioned Here as well along with all the required documents. You will also need to show a bill copy.

Here is a link to a PDF shared by bses.
Hitachi is no longer included in BSES replacement scheme and atleast for BSES Rajdhani, you don't have to call anyone. All you have to do is an online registration and then with the necessary documents, you can visit the mentioned showroom.

EDIT : Just checked for BSES Yamuna, the process appears to be the same. This link can be used to login and then fill the details.

Upvote 2