Solved: Split AC 1.5 ton | Voltas

ISP
Excitel
Airtel & Vi
My Sharp inverter AC has a bad leak in the cooling coil. So it's time to get a new one. Many users have mentioned that Voltas is a good buy considering the 5 years warranty. Kindly suggest some models?

Solution

Looks like they have changed the extended warranty thing. Now you need to pay 2990 for it, however you get 10 services as well (I think?) so still a good deal

my parents have used Samsung, LG, Daikin, Sharp, Hitachi split acs at different points of time. None of them lasted more than 4-5 years. I guess it might be area specific as well since the issue almost always was gas leakage

Voltas and Carrier have both worked fine

Looks like they have changed the extended warranty thing. Now you need to pay 2990 for it, however you get 10 services as well (I think?) so still a good deal

my parents have used Samsung, LG, Daikin, Sharp, Hitachi split acs at different points of time. None of them lasted more than 4-5 years. I guess it might be area specific as well since the issue almost always was gas leakage

Voltas and Carrier have both worked fine

Upvote 0
Solution
I don't remember the details as the guy had no brochures or any price list. He just scribbled it on a tiny piece of paper without model number. But store prices are usually comparable or lower than online on ACs. So, it might be worth visiting the Voltas store first before ordering it online.

Upvote 0
JgNbpRb.webp

His number. Though I am not sure if dealers tell accurate pricing over phone lol.

Upvote 0
I think @mikrotik also mentioned you can get the entire coil changed if you suffer from gas leaks. Since Voltas site mentions evaporator coil has blue fin protection you would be good to go.
Also if air flow matters do enquire if Voltas has vertical louvers. I recall some models last year mentioned lack of the same, so do keep that in mind. Members here can also comment on this.
This the the one I found on their site. Go for an adjustable one if power saving is a criteria.
OT, @Sushubh which AC did you go for?

Upvote 1
If you are a BSES customer, I would suggest you check out their AC Replacement Scheme. The offers are pretty good. You can check the model wise Specifications as well. Have purchased 2 AC's via this scheme

ac_replacement_flyer_july_2020.jpg
Have you installed AC this year or last year... Here it says that Scheme 2020.
I have been trying for Hitachi from BSES Yamuna but they say scheme is on hold.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0