Solved: Split AC 1.5 ton | Voltas

ISP
Excitel
Airtel & Vi
My Sharp inverter AC has a bad leak in the cooling coil. So it's time to get a new one. Many users have mentioned that Voltas is a good buy considering the 5 years warranty. Kindly suggest some models?

Solution

Looks like they have changed the extended warranty thing. Now you need to pay 2990 for it, however you get 10 services as well (I think?) so still a good deal

my parents have used Samsung, LG, Daikin, Sharp, Hitachi split acs at different points of time. None of them lasted more than 4-5 years. I guess it might be area specific as well since the issue almost always was gas leakage

Voltas and Carrier have both worked fine
Bumping this thread as mercury crossed 38 degrees today in Kolkata. Dear God it's bloody hot. Anyhow, is Daikin still the most VFM AC to get considering one has a budget of around 40k-ish, for a 1.5 tonner I mean? Also, someone had posted a price chart of Daikin ACs on this forum last year, could I have an updated chart please?

Upvote 0
So I just raised a request for preventive maintenance and Voltas sent me a link on how to clean the air filters and do the basic things myself.

It got me thinking if I should be saving these preventive maintenances for something major? 🤔

They booked the request though.

Upvote 0
Nah! Cleaning filter should be done regularly. But in PM, they will clean the ODU and IDU. You should remember you have unlimited breakdown service in your contract!

Upvote 0
I believe preventive maintenance is no longer bundled with the AC by Voltas. My parents bought a 2 ton Split AC a couple of weeks back and they were told it's offered as an AMC type service now which costs 5k and provides the same benefits. He also advised them to take it up after the warranty period is over.

Upvote 0
Just availed the second service. It was scheduled for 30th of this month, but they did it today itself (booked it last night).

The wind flap was broken before they started the service, but the technician has said it will be replaced within 15 days as he has taken a request and the unit is under warranty. I highly doubt that they are going to do anything about it.

Upvote 0
Guys anyone using carrier non inverter AC? I have carrier austra neo+ 1.5ton non inverter AC purchased in 2019 but since then it's very problematic. At night after 1hr of running ( turning on), then stars to cut off and on at every fixed period of time. After 7 min of running it turns off for 3min then again runs for 7min, off for 3 minutes and so on.. This keeps continuing till the AC is running. Due to 3min of down, the room temp rises and hence interrupts my sleep . For this I've to turn on the fan also so that during that 3 min period , I do not wake up due to fan. Did complaint in carrier many times, many engg visited but everyone says that it's normal and nice fixed it yet. I know it's not normal because I have another non inverter AC off Voltas (2011 model) and that works perfectly fine. No on off issue.

Upvote 0
The technician was a nice lad, suggested me to run the AC at 24 because uske nichey koi khas farak padega hi nahi. Saved his number.

I would have bought him a chai, but he got done with work quickly and just left.

Upvote 0
What's the set temperature when you're observing this behavior?
22°c. If I increase temp to say 24 then it happens more quickly like from 7min running to only 3-4 min running then 3 min down. Once I tried decreasing the temp to 18°, it worked fine for two nights without any cut off but then from the 3rd night it again started happening even in 18°.

Upvote 0