Solved: Split AC 1.5 ton | Voltas

ISP
Excitel
Airtel & Vi
My Sharp inverter AC has a bad leak in the cooling coil. So it's time to get a new one. Many users have mentioned that Voltas is a good buy considering the 5 years warranty. Kindly suggest some models?

Solution

Looks like they have changed the extended warranty thing. Now you need to pay 2990 for it, however you get 10 services as well (I think?) so still a good deal

my parents have used Samsung, LG, Daikin, Sharp, Hitachi split acs at different points of time. None of them lasted more than 4-5 years. I guess it might be area specific as well since the issue almost always was gas leakage

Voltas and Carrier have both worked fine
Yup, that is how sleep mode functions. 1 degree/hour is normal. In my case it does 1 degree/half hour or 2degress in 1 hour, which is lame.

Upvote 0
At 27 it makes the room too cool, takes it down to 25 straightway.

At 28 it lets the room stay warm.

Gajab duwidha hai.

Upvote 0
i think it's humidity causing the problem right now in delhi ncr. i think my ac fails to cool at 26 this week. even 24 feels terrible. but i can just put it on max for 10 minutes and it's freezing cold.

Upvote 0
@Samuel you can try keeping it at 27C and reducing the tonnage see which one suits you. Even in my case running at 27C causes it to go to 25C causing headache, I run it at 0.6 ton(at nights).
Another thing I do is increase the blower speed. When air moves fast, then it won't cool the air that much hence temps won't easily fall below 27C.

Upvote 0
so the fan of my split is making noise after recent service. i guess the guy did not handle it properly or let moisture enter the motor or something. loud enough to make it annoying considering you expect splits to be ultra silent at least in sleep/low-noise mode. it's manageable with fan running but still annoying. Daikin is quoting 7140 for this smallish motor lol. internet tells me that this motor should not cost more than 2000-2500 bucks lol. crazy stuff. i imagine it should be possible to lubricate the motor and fix the noise issue but of course, that's not an option as per the company folks. annoying.

Upvote 0
I would spray WD-40 in the motor if it's out of warranty. Local AC guys should be able to fix it actually. It's making noise, it's not dead yet.

I've fixed my microwave's fan which was screeching loud with WD-40.

You should blame the technician and ask them to fix it free of cost.

Upvote 0
made a stupid mistake. the guy who has been visiting me for the last two years left his job with the local service center this year. to his credit, he did tell me before visiting me that he is no longer with Daikin. i did not want to go through the process of filing another service request with the company so i let him visit me and do the servicing. also there is no actual way to prove that the motor only made sound after servicing without being a jerk even if he was still affiliated with the company service center.

i would have gotten the motor lubricated by my local electrician but splits are complicated to dismantle and a lot of things can go wrong during the process. daikin guys themselves warn me every time. they say that the model i have is one of the trickier one. i have called another service center guy that dad deals with for other acs in the house tomorrow. would get a quote from him tomorrow morning and decide. would ask him if he can do the lubrication for me just to see if it helps. this one might be a bit more cooperative as we bought a bunch of ACs from them few years ago.

forgot to mention. daikin guys told me today that i should take an amc with them as all mechanical parts are covered in it. as if the amc would cover slight humming noise coming from the fan motor and they would replace it for free.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh! It's the fan motor of the indoor unit! If you lived nearby, I would give you a number of an independent service provider. They service Daikin and all expensive brands and models. They took care of my Sharp AC pretty well.

It shouldn't really cost a lot tbh. Any experienced AC repair guy should be able to fix it for a nominal fee between Rs. 500 to 1,000.

Upvote 0
Availed my first AC service out of 10.

A valid question that arose is, 'so how are the extra services recorded in the system?'.

@mikrotik Do you have any insights about the same?

Upvote 0
The technicians didn't know I've 10 services in total. They said after initial two services, I'll be charged.

Upvote 0
Bolne do, everything is logged in the system at their end. Technician don't have access to the system, only service center owner can check.

Upvote 0