Solved: Split AC 1.5 ton | Voltas

ISP
Excitel
Airtel & Vi
My Sharp inverter AC has a bad leak in the cooling coil. So it's time to get a new one. Many users have mentioned that Voltas is a good buy considering the 5 years warranty. Kindly suggest some models?

Solution

Looks like they have changed the extended warranty thing. Now you need to pay 2990 for it, however you get 10 services as well (I think?) so still a good deal

my parents have used Samsung, LG, Daikin, Sharp, Hitachi split acs at different points of time. None of them lasted more than 4-5 years. I guess it might be area specific as well since the issue almost always was gas leakage

Voltas and Carrier have both worked fine
Isn't it normal for Delhi to experience temperatures up to 45 degrees during June and July? I think last year in May alone it touched 45.

Upvote 0
Yes and ACs do struggle in such temperatures.

Upvote 0
Yup... When AC's are newly setup and during refilling of gas.

Source

Timestamp 11:40

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Voltas warranty details if anyone requires it.

Source

Customer to register Preventive Maintenance Service every SIX (6) months with Voltas,
for the entire period of Warranty and Extra Warranty. Only Voltas Authorized Service
Partner to carry out the Preventive Maintenance Service. Standard Labor Charges toward
carrying out this maintenance will have to be borne by customer as per rate prevailing at that
point of time. This is required to ensure proper functioning of the unit and to enjoy the
benefits of Warranty and Extra Warranty on components, labor and gas.

Do they would charge 1000 rupees + GST every year to avail warranty 🙁

Upvote 0
Not now, now you pay 3k for the extended warranty and that includes 10 paid services from Voltas as well. Earlier you didn’t have to pay anything upfront but 500 + GST for every service

Upvote 1
Looks like Haryana is also introducing a subsidy for power efficient ACs.

Upvote 0
My new AC is consuming less than 8 units (with other appliances running) at 26 degrees for 12 hours of operation.

The temperature sensor seems to be a bit slow. It starts blowing warm air, and then suddenly realizes that the temperature has risen and then goes crazy with the cooling.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0