Solved: Split AC 1.5 ton | Voltas

ISP
Excitel
Airtel & Vi
My Sharp inverter AC has a bad leak in the cooling coil. So it's time to get a new one. Many users have mentioned that Voltas is a good buy considering the 5 years warranty. Kindly suggest some models?

Solution

Looks like they have changed the extended warranty thing. Now you need to pay 2990 for it, however you get 10 services as well (I think?) so still a good deal

my parents have used Samsung, LG, Daikin, Sharp, Hitachi split acs at different points of time. None of them lasted more than 4-5 years. I guess it might be area specific as well since the issue almost always was gas leakage

Voltas and Carrier have both worked fine
@Md Faraz is this a split or window? Is the outdoor unit in well ventilated area? It is possible that the compressor is getting heat up and tripping. It had happened to me before. Problem was the ventilation and solution was to clear the area near it.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Non-inverter ACs work that way since the compressor is a fixed speed one.

Try the lowest temperature and see if it cuts off very frequently in this case too. If yes, it could be a faulty thermostat.

Upvote 0
Non-inverter ACs work that way since the compressor is a fixed speed one.

Try the lowest temperature and see if it cuts off very frequently in this case too. If yes, it could be a faulty thermostat.
oh. if it works that way then for me it's very frustrating.
I tried 18°c once ; worked fine for first 2 nights but from the 3rd night it again started switching off and on.

Upvote 0
Just know it is not about inverter or non-inverter. You can call it a sheer bad luck.

Since your AC is in warranty, log a complaint and escalate it to area or regional service manager. They have to fix it.

Upvote 0
It will always switch off and switch on. That's by design. Non-inverter will never be able to maintain a constant temperature and you will always feel the temperature changing during the day when you're awake but it shouldn't interrupt your sleep. Get it checked again.

Upvote 0
Whenever you are done using the AC, run the blower for 15-30 mins depending on what speed you run at.
The coolant pipe being colder than the surrounding air provides a conducive condition for the growth of moulds and other fungi. This could , at times, lead to foul smell when you start using AC next time.
By blowing the warm air, you remove the coldness in the pipe and hence bring the pipe and the air to the same temps inhibiting growth of fungi.

I've been doing this and the AC recently got serviced. But the problem is still persistent.

If the AC is running at 28 degrees, as soon as the room temperature reaches 27, it starts blowing warmer air (I am assuming it gets into fan mode), and then the smell starts coming again. I am not able to understand what the problem is.

Upvote 0