Spice Mi-410 at Rs 13,999 - India's Most Economical High End Android

• Thread starter Thread starter rajanmehta
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 37
  • Views Views 16,315
actually i am talking about the time i owned their first generation razr model. they had outsourced it to some company that offered servicing solutions to multiple brands. and their office was in some congested locality in a very small shop. a couple of years later, a friend bought the second generation razr. and by that time that service station had stopped operating. could not find another one in the nearby region. a visit to HTC service center in gurgaon was also a frustrating experience. samsung has a service center in my sector. so i am sort of pleased about this fact. even though my phone is not covered under warranty here in india. at least it's near my place and is a pretty big shop that probably caters to their consumer electronics as well.

@mhsabir: lol good one!@manu: I think Moto Defy is not dual sim.@admin: Lol now why does that remind me of my experience with SE service center, since my mobile was from abroad, when I went there, they said, you have to take it to their Allied Service Center that takes care of such mobiles and that I would have to pay for only parts replaced and that's exactly how I was left with only my underwear! Hope you have on a nice Jockey or something if and when the occasion arises that you have to go there! lmao Don't tell me I didn't warn you! lolSamsung Galaxy Ace was advertised somewhere as the same price as Mi410. Was it Saholic?! Well you can call Ace a wanna be Galaxy S, but at least it has a freakin flash on it which some people are very particular about(including me) no, no, not for under the sheets pics, I'm dark complexioned you see(in the order of average height, dark and almost handsome), I need some light thrown on me to be seen in a picture and I can't take photos only in the day all the time now can I?!! lolWell service centers of company mobiles will make you wanna run a mile bros, I mean seriously will you believe I spent 3000 bucks to get a K700i back to normal and that too each part of the case was a different price, joystick alone 450 bucks keypad was another 500 and that too this was some years back!I recently walked into one of the SE shops and asked him how much is the panel for W810i, he said 2000! I said will you give me 2000 bucks or take this phone for exchange for that amount if I give it to you and all I got was a wry smile! I told him see this is why these phones and we who buy them suffer!One so called Nokia priority service center wiped out my entire phone's contact list for the 3330 when I went to them, now how can we call that fixing?! In fact that's why Ritchie street still is my favorite place or rather first choice to go to for any repairs be it mobiles or computers. So I think it's time we change our mentality and start giving these BJs a chance... err that means Business Jacks(or Jackasses if you so prefer) 😉 hee hee

when i took my Galaxy s to the official service center nearby my place , those guys had placed a board partition to separate the repair section where these service engineers(funny but they call then engineers) sit and do the job and it was not more that 12'*12' place hardly(including office and repair section) ,and my mobile's board was to be changed and there was this aunty who i later figured was mother of the owner there, said to me 3 times whenever i went to get my handset " aapka handset expensive hai hamne board change kar diya hai lekin imei number nahi chad raha hai, 3 baar change kar diya hai , kharcha hamare upar hai aaplse kuch nahin lenge ' later i found out that they dont have the ****ing devise working with which they had to write my imei on new board and they were not doing anything to give my devise back to me until i called the area manager and he then told them to get it done from another service center immediately, my god they said same things in 18 days they had my handset repeatedly, but when i got handset back to my surprise it was working just normal as it should have been , i was soo woried that what will they give in my hand after so many days , but touch wood its still nicely working. :Boy Hi 5:

Not dual sim?! Hell then My Bad... Ah well then I guess Samsung Galaxy Ace is a better choice if it has a front facing camera on it. Damn these assh*les should have released it as a dual sim then it would have been good! Still I feel the price is okay for the features though! What sickens me though is that thanks to it not being dual sim, am gonna have to stick to my Nokia and Blackberry oh and my old yet useful for SMS W810😴

We tend to throw all this chinese babies with bathwater together, but atleast in case of Spice and particularly it's Android Models, situation is somewhat different. It's earlier model Spice Mi-300 was a rebranded ZTE & the same phone was launched by different brands across the world. It had great custom ROM support at forums & the same ROM's could be applied for all the differently named brands elsewhere. One known fella is using it for a long time and has been pretty happy about it.

Huawei is also a different breed of company as compared to other chinese phone makers we see.. (Those endless QWERT & Mediatech Chipset Ones).. World's largest telecom gear manufacturer.. Probably your network operator in India runs on their equipment.. (Most of Telcos in India are using it).

Now Huawei since last year has shifted focus on handsets particularly Androids. X6 is the attempt for high end android at killer price. Olive tried to launch it for the last 7 months but stuck somewhere. Spice went ahead and launched it. Another benefit of this Huawei's is that most of their android devices are nearly poor google as they don't modify the stock google android much.

All this devices are meant as Android for the next billion. However hard we try to lap up Android's success, fact is there is less than 5% of India's mobile population who can (Can but not willing to) afford this high end androids from Samsung, LG, HTC at above Rs 25K. Another interesting fact is that this high end android do not cost so much to manufacture. Established brands are just taking their share of blood money by pricing them with extraordinary profit margin.

Do you know, How much Samsung Galaxy Tab's (First Version) manufacturing cost is? Around $ 214.57.. That's about Rs 9,800..

http://www.isuppli.com/Teardowns/News/Pages/Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-Carries-$205-Bill-of-Materials-iSuppli-Teardown-Reveals.aspx

Was launched at Rs 38,000... Now down to Rs 22,000... Still see the profit margin.. Does any level of fit, finish & software support that robbery? Not saying that those brands do not deserve a premium for that... But not of this level..

By opting for brand like Spice in Androids (rebranded Huawei X6) one may not be terribly comprosing on the quality of components as they are mostly the same with same suppliers.. Qualcomm processor, chipset, basebands, screens...

Point is premium buyers will continue to buy brands with their outrageous profit level but a vast majority of value seekers will opt for value.. Indirectly that also pressures brands to drop prices very quickly...

Isn't it a win win for every type of consumer?

Excellent, everything mentioned by you is absolutely correct and I appreciate you in gathering correct information.

Best choice is Samsung Ace.
I think price will increase upto 15K.
Otherwise try Samsung PoP.
Spice is not good brand.

samsung ace price is : 13900 around