• Thread starter Thread starter x720
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 2,552

x720

Incoherent Poster
ISP
airtel, BSNL, MTNL
Alright, so I've been having problems with my dsl connection for the past few days which as per bsnl were fixed today morning.The thing is my net doesn't feel slow at all, all videos work fine and torrents and direct downloads are also as per my line speed, yet a speedtest to various servers in India (Hughes, Vodafone, and Aride Ocean) shows a speed of 380kbps max. My line speed is 2mbps.

The Hughes speedtest show 0.35 mbps and a ping of 222 ms.

Here is a screen shot from utorrent :-

Anyone else facing similar issues ?

I'm having problems with the latency....its like above 300 anytime i check... 😕Its above 200ms even in the morning....

No problems from Chennai (on Airtel). Pings to Delhi & Mumbai seem to be marginally higher, but not too bad. Maybe a problem at your local exchange?

Problems here in Bangalore too, speedtest.net averages around 0.2 to 0.4 Mbps D/L & 0.2 to 0.3 Mbps U/L, with latency ~300 to 350ms. Already contacted BSNL about this but nothing seems to have changed even after changing the lines etc
Also to be noted is that speeds get back to normal around midnight at about 3.2 to 3.6 Mbps with 90-100ms of latency, i think this was being discussed in another forum as well

----------

BTW i'm on a 4Mbps line

Problems here in Bangalore too, speedtest.net averages around 0.2 to 0.4 Mbps D/L & 0.2 to 0.3 Mbps U/L, with latency ~300 to 350ms. Already contacted BSNL about this but nothing seems to have changed even after changing the lines etc
Also to be noted is that speeds get back to normal around midnight at about 3.2 to 3.6 Mbps with 90-100ms of latency, i think this was being discussed in another forum as well

----------

BTW i'm on a 4Mbps line

You cannot know the actual speed of your network unless and until you d/l a file from microsoft and check it.You cannot get the actual results by just performing speed tests, whether it is speedtest.net or mybroadbandspeed.co.uk or any other site.

Even well seeded torrents won't give you the max. data transfer rate, it will still be less(it decreases with the rise of bandwith) than from what you will get by direct d/ls.

i am easily able to max my connection on a public torrent. you just need to have a well seeded torrent and it is enough for our broadband lines here in india.

i am easily able to max my connection on a public torrent. you just need to have a well seeded torrent and it is enough for our broadband lines here in india.

True!

No wonder, I usually I jump on to public torrents when they're fresh and upload is completed before download 😛

I got 3.5MBps on network which doesn't even support it and without having a network tower in the area so ya its weird !