Speeds being throttled by major ISPs and bandwidth providers for smaller ISPs?

• Thread starter Thread starter vishalrao
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 56
  • Views Views 6,516
I would tell you to check if upnp is enabled on your router and client but you must have figured it out yourself.
UPnP was off on the router. Enabled on the torrent client. I enabled it on the router but what do I set for these? https://ibb.co/2dL69JT

And among other settings these all are on and off, anything I can turn on for better routing? https://ibb.co/MMt5GVt

The default options look fine

To get around the throttling, I used Cloudflare's (CF) WARP+ unlimited. From 12 February until 10 March 2021, I was able to maximize my speeds on all international servers around the world. Suddenly, on 12 March 2021, speeds were throttling again, even with CF's WARP+ unlimited. I even wrote to CF and explained the situation, but I never received a response. I have CF WARP VPN as well as other paid VPN installed on my router which uses Wireguard protocol, however, no help. Same throttled speed everywhere.

Local ISP int's speed as worst since I am unable surf smoothly with my office VPN as it gives mere 1-1.5 Mbps speeds

Extreme ix, since last week has been working quite poorly and also brings quite a high latency.
Quite poor maintenance they are doing with a local exchange. India has become an ever increasing data usage country and they are still using speed limited ports.

Same issue with airtel. If you do speedtest with single thread to international servers then the speed is 50-100 mbps and sometimes even 20-30 mbps on 200 mbps connection.
Hey! If you are using Airtel fiber then could you do me a favor? Can you test your speed to Dallas, Nitel server on Speedtest. Do both single-thread and multi-thread and then can you attach the results of your test. I'm currently on a local Isp and they give really bad speeds to international servers.

Bro, you are exactly right. I am currently on a Local Isp called Asianet and they use Tata as their Transit. and even I can see the slow speeds to international servers. I am currently on a 200mbps plan but when I do a single-threaded Speedtest to a server in Dallas, Tx I get around 8-20 Mbps which is just terrible. The best solution to this problem I think would be to switch to a Tier 1 Isp like Airtel. I wish there was someone who is using Airtel fiber and can show their results.

Can you do me a favor? Can you test your speeds to Dallas, Nitel server on Speedtest single-threaded and multi-threaded and show me screenshots of your result? That would be helpful

It would be helpful if someone with Airtel fiber/Jio fiber could test speed to usa servers.
Preferably Nitel server in Dallas( as suggested in previous msgs) so that results can be compared more easily.

twiuij.png

rjaeiorwa.png

Dunno why the share button wasn't showing up but here's Excitel (300Mbps) and TriplePlay (100Mbps)