Speed Up WordPress Website - The7

• Thread starter Thread starter Jonas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2,218
ISP
Excitel
Airtel & Vi
I have a WordPress website for my own services (ESL), and it's based on WordPress using theme The7.

I intend to do the following:

1. Run ad campaigns that would take traffic to a landing page

2. Process online payments

Issue: The website is slow. It's quite slow for somebody who's visiting the website following an ad on Facebook or Instagram. As mentioned on this page: Improving “The7” theme for mobile speed. – Everyone hates a slow website!

I am looking for advice about what possible options I have in order to get going.

Your site url and how much are you willing to spend on hosting?

Edit- you current hosting?

Last edited:
his problem is the theme. no hosting would improve loading time if the website is loading megabytes of javascripts and fontawesome font files.

at best he can switch to webp for images and switch to local hosting. but the browser would have to load all that data on first page load. no quick fix for that.

one option is to create a custom landing page for incoming traffic from ads. make it as fast as possible. get the basic information there. and let the user load the primary website if he wishes to.

Still with good hosting and optimization loading time can be improved a lot.

Testing can be done on a staging site.

If you check the article I've linked to, it's addressing these issues.

I'm on a shared hosting server. Namecheap. I can switch to a local one, but I don't think it will make much of a difference. The theme is quite heavy. I think I've shared the link with you @Smh

@Sushubh

I was thinking about something similar:

1. Create custom landing pages. For sign-ups and registrations.

2. Create landing pages using Instamojo or Razor pay, for paid registrations.

okay I checked. My suggestion is still same test local/asia hosting with a staging site.