Speed torrent download

• Thread starter Thread starter rajaji
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 3,714

rajaji

ISP
BSNL
Hello,i have a SmartAX MT882 Modem & home 500 plan frm bsnl and i Want to download heavily on torrents.Ive seen my frends download torrents wid the same connection as mine with above 120kbps speed but i only get 2-3kbps and sometimes torrets dont start at all.im using utorrent someone pls help:yahoo::wall::yahoo:😗

Hello.. It also depends on what torrent you are downloading. The speed also matters about the torrent type. Try to download the same torrent your friend is able to download @ 120 speed. you should get the same speed. the average download speed that i have experienced with bsnl dataone is 35 to 45 kbps . now it is fairly getting improved.

Yeah depends on where ur downloading from , on a public tracker, the higest u can get is about 150 ( on a new torrent) on the other hand apvt tracker will easily give u more 200 +

could you give some more details like,

- what is the speed you get when downloading from mozilla or explorer?
- also the port you are using in utorrent, be it some random number between 50000 - 60000
- try not to BLOCK uploads

but comparing with explorer downloads should explain the problems

on ur plan i have seen downloads of 150+ KB/s... 2 -3 kb/s is too lowhttp://picasaweb.google.com/galleriepublic/Download/photo#5148628994180403618

on a 900+ 256kbps unlimited plans i get decent download speeds averaging 28KB/s ul and dl...

http://picasaweb.google.com/galleriepublic/Download/photo#5148628994180403618

The download speed depends upon the number of seeders and the total upload speed.I have the experience of downloading at the speed of 1.7 Mega bits/sec.

ah, in the MTNL section someone posted that utorrent limits your download equal to you upload if you set upload limit below 6kbps.i use bitlord in windows and set my upload limit to 5 KBPS (40 kbps) and I get full download speed of 30 KBPS (about 250 kbps) on my plan 256kbps UL.limiting your upload speed to less than your actual upload capacity is a MUST for good torrent downloading....

I get avg speed for torrents around 150 KBps (3/4 torrents simultaneously)Max speed I ever got on utorrent was around 275 KBps. (My plan is H500) While I was downloading some files through DownloadThemAll! extension of Firefox, I was getting speed consistently above 225 KBps, while it fluctuated and went up as high as 375 KBps ! (Obviously it depended on the server & its not what u can expect on every website - but we r suppose to get max of around 256 KBps on H500...god bless BSNL !) @vishalrao I dont think utorrent does that. because I always keep my upload speed limited to 1 KBps for every torrent - still I have got download speeds as high as 225 KBps for single torrents ! (I keep global upload speed as 0 - unlimited though)

I get avg speed for torrents around 150 KBps (3/4 torrents simultaneously)

Max speed I ever got on utorrent was around 275 KBps. (My plan is H500)

While I was downloading some files through DownloadThemAll! extension of Firefox, I was getting speed consistently above 225 KBps, while it fluctuated and went up as high as 375 KBps ! (Obviously it depended on the server & its not what u can expect on every website - but we r suppose to get max of around 256 KBps on H500...god bless BSNL !)

@vishalrao

I dont think utorrent does that. because I always keep my upload speed limited to 1 KBps for every torrent - still I have got download speeds as high as 225 KBps for single torrents ! (I keep global upload speed as 0 - unlimited though)
138.097GB till today total in h500 plan,117GB download
same here buddy