Speed throttling or congestion ?

Mr_mime

I got banned!
Past few days i have been seeing that during peak hours (9pm-12am) my speed was slowing down from 50Mbps to 2-5Mbps. On Sunday usage should be high and if network congestion is the problem then it should go down but it was alright whole day.

Today it started happening at 4pm so i used speedtest and found these results.

Source

Speedtest on Indian servers was showing speed of 3.8Mbps but speedtest on fast.com(netflix) US was showing its usual 40-46Mbps.
Speed on steam was also fine 6MB/s as well as IDM.
Played on SEA servers and that was fine too, didn't try csgo's indian servers so cant comment on that.

Right now at 9:30pm it is fine but it was happening again like 15min ago but didnt last long, so anybody knows what's the problem ?

so slowdowns are on specific networks only when you notice them?

I usually notice when im watching a youtube video and suddenly 1080p video starts buffering which is strange since on 50mbit it never buffers even at 4k.

I have seen it happen mostly after 9pm.

Just now i did speedtest and it is showing 1.94mbps and fast.com is showing usual 40+
Youtube is playing 1080p video without buffer too.

It's congestion and that is the reason I moved back to Excitel. Hathway never goes down but several times in peak hours, speeds reduce drastically. In my area Hathway is almost everywhere (excitel hardly anyone has), so leads to congestion.

Well i still think it is congestion issues. I really doubt throttling is the reason. I might be wrong though.

when i used hathway in past i noticed some web sites or filtered but i cant remumber what they are sorry

I think they have maxed out their transit to international servers.
Google have direct peering.I am not sure but can someone confirm that hathway use airtel backbone?

Being a subscriber for the last 13 years, Hathway has been an absolute shit show since the last 4 months. Starting from 10 AM in the morning till the next morning the speeds slow down to 1 - 2 Mbps on a 50 Mbps connection. To the point where Work From Home becomes impossible due to slow internet.

I have raised multiple tickets, called their customer care and even emailed the nodal officer with the MD of the company in Cc, but nobody is even bothered to even reply or resolve this issue. Unfortunately, there is no other ISP serving my area except Hathway so these guys have a total monopoly.

However, I've now started using a 4G+ Cat6 router (airtel) and I'm getting better speeds (25 - 35 Mbps) during peak hours than what Hathway is giving me.

I'm now planning to cancel the connection once my plan validity is over and switch to LTE as my primary connection.