• Thread starter Thread starter bhargav
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 3,161

bhargav

\,,/
ISP
Nivyah 1Mbps Unlimited
well guyz i just shifted over from exatt to triband NU and i m extremly happy wid the service n speed 🙂but the prob is when i try downlod from torrents my speed dosnt go above 25KBps.......i hav read here dat u can downlod 700MB in one night from torrents thru triband ... i cud downlod only 490MB from 12.15am to 7.45am wats the problem plz help yaaar....... i m really frustrated... 🙁btw i get a http downlod speed of 30KBps so it aint problem wid MTNL....... it must be due to the NAT/firewall in my D-Link DSL 502T modem??? thnx in advance 🤔 also can any1 enlighten me on mtnl golder hour??? i had read abt it a long time back but dont exactly remember wat it is 🤔

The torrent speed depends on only one thing: The seeds.

If there weren't enough seeds and if their upload speed isn't too high, you won't get lighting fast speeds.

What client do you use? Are you clever?

To forward your ports go to https://broadband.forum/static_ip_address-t4182.html and scroll down to my post.

This week I have noticed that MTNL Triband has capped their upload speed. When I tested it at speakeasy.net I got DL of 210Kbps and upload of 27Kbps during their nighttimr free hours. I would like other members to corroborate this by checking on their PCs during those hours.My uTorrent uploads are in low range hence downloads are also lowHey after posting the above I converted mu Utstar modem to bridged option and guess what.........hey presto!...the upload speed has been restored and utorrent is back to max dl speed.Anyone care to explain?

synced at 256 kbps...so u can upload 32 kBps max...rest the actual upload speed depends on lot of other factors...

Hey coolbuddy I actually got a upload speed reading of 27Kbps and not 27KBps from speakeasy.net !Check out my edited post about the 'bridge' effect !

@panther...what i said means that you can get upto 32 kBps but ur actual speed depends on other factors like distance from the exchange and ur line condition and stuff...so basically MTNL hasn't capped anything, ur speed is based on the other factors...

Even I am experiencing the same problem. Some time back, I was able to get around 28-29 KBps on torrent downloads. But now, since the past 1 week I'm not able to even touch 25 KBps. The seeds are ample (300-350), seed to peer ratio OK, my friend downloading the same file at 29-30KBps with an Airtel connection. What could be the possible reason? I am on bridged mode. Could the reason be my simultaneous seeding? Earlier I wasn't in the habit of seeding files that I leeched. But now I regularly seed each and everything that I download. I get upload speeds of 30 KBps, but not download speeds.

Yaa that could be the reason. Cap upload bandwidth at 25 - 26 kbps. That might help.

I get speed of ~25-29 KBps download and upload of 22-25However if I restrict the upload speed the download speed does increase

Ya thanks, I have increased speeds now. Anybody knows the reason for this? I mean, I have read a lot of threads on this forum where people are shouting there heads off that download speed has nothing to do with uploading.

If you saturate your cable modem's upload cap with an upload, the ACK packets of your download will have to queue up waiting for a gap between the congested upload data packets. So your ACKs will be delayed getting back to the remote download server, and it will therefore believe you are on a very slow link, and slow down the transmission of further data to you.
Source: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.wal...ips/downup.html
Applies to every connection..

Thanks once again. Now I'm able to download 700-750 MB per night instead of the earlier 550-600MB 🙂.

I too managed to configure my modem in the bridged(not sure what I have done) but I dont see any difference in speeds. I used to 27-30 on torrents and that is what I still get.

I too managed to configure my modem in the bridged(not sure what I have done) but I dont see any difference in speeds. I used to 27-30 on torrents and that is what I still get.[/b]

No no, I'm not talking of bridged mode over here, I'm talkin of capping uploads i.e. setting a limit for upload speeds to get better download speeds.