Speed Problem

• Thread starter Thread starter mtnltriband
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 3,581

mtnltriband

ISP
sefs
Friends,When I check my speed on mtnl site, the bandwidth comes around at 234kbps.But at the same time when i go for other online test the speed is hardly 100 kbps,When I downlaod some files from net the speed is 10kbps only.Is everything ok with my speed? freinds pls help.When I told this to MTNL they say that my speed is ok since the mtnl site shows bandwidth of 234, but then while downloading I get a speed of only 10kbps,what should I do pls help....HELP HELP HELP

where do you stay?sometimes during th day time the servers are pretty busy and so you get low download speeds..post your SNR margin and line attenuation here.. so others can help you out 🙂go to your router homepage -s tatus - adsl.. and post the stuff here 🙂

it also depends on which site you are downloading from.

i had the same problem. and the mtnl idiots cant figure out anything. so i switched to pacenet yesterday 😀

yeah me too had a problem downloading yesterday during the day time. 🙁was getting a crap speed of 13k :angry:

ive been having that same shitty speed since i bought triband at my new house...and its been about 3-4 months...calling up mtnl doesnt help since they'd rather give up customers than help them...

it happens sometime, u should observe over a few more days and over a few more sources of dwld. Also as chickmagnet sed, post ur snr margin and line attenuation here. And if the problem still persists then u may as well cud get rid of the mntl conn. 😛 😛

few more days??? dude hes getting thosi shitty speeds since 4 months.maybe you have a problem in your line.

4 months ???whoah and u're still on mtnl ??? Man hv u got some patience.Waise sabr ka phal hamesha meetha nahin hota 😛 😛 😛

^^^ meetha bhi ho sakta hai. its a special indian quality- "patience"dude, please post your SNR margin and line attenuation, so we may try to help you out. 🙂

sorry guys one more intresting problem,I hope you also muct be facing this problem.In mtnl diagnostic each test is shown pass but even then I am unable to open the websites, feel like crying.It means the internet is connected but even then I am unable to open the websites.I did all things from my side, like going to internet options and unchecking the options there, checking the ipconfig all all .But nothing si working.I get reply from my modem, the wan info shows status as UP and it also shows the IP.When I contact the 1504 mtnl squad they say that there must be two rows in WAN under advance setup.( i have UT star). but again when i have problem they say one row in wan. feel like crying.Just now I called them an calrifies how much rows do we need inrouter settings displaying VCI as 0/32 they say only one, oh then why do u tell me to add one more any answer they say no.Now even with VCI 0/32 one row the problem is there and even with two row the problem is there.short and moral of the saga,Internet is on.router says status as Up and shows IP.Diagnostic shows PASS all testIE settings are as per tri band ,why i m unable to open sites sometimes.HELP HELP HELP

ohhh i do face such problems.. when the router is connected to the net but stil cant open any pages or download anything.. i feel yours is more a exchange + line specific problem..chk with yoour local exchange (if your phone line is to that exchange) .. and tell them to fix your problempost your SNR margin here and our line attenuation.. i think your problem miught lie there

Originally posted by chicmagnet@Apr 3 2006, 12:15 AM
ohhh i do face such problems.. when the router is connected to the net but stil cant open any pages or download anything..
i feel yours is more a exchange + line specific problem..
chk with yoour local exchange (if your phone line is to that exchange) .. and tell them to fix your problem
post your SNR margin here and our line attenuation.. i think your problem miught lie there
[snapback]46880[/snapback]
[/quote]

Downstream Upstream

SNR Margin (dB): 29.9 25.0

Attenuation (dB): 39.0 23.5

Output Power (dBm): 3.5 0.2

Attainable Rate (Kbps): 7680 1172

Rate (Kbps): 256 256

Dear freinds,
Please analyse the above statistics, thanks and guide me