• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 7,315

techtata

Regular
ISP
Tata Indicom
Hi,

I just came across this article and it talks about the speeds offered by the 5G technology. Please go to this link for more information. Thanks.

Taking the first call on 5G-Comments & Analysis-Opinion-The Economic Times

Here are some highlights of the article..

Imagine a speed of more than 1 Gbps in 5G in comparison to 1.2 kbps, almost a million times more, of 1G, the speeds of 9.6 kbps of 2G, 2 Mbps for 3G and 100 Mbps for 4G, and higher for 5G would deliver pictures almost akin to physical presence, changing all human activities to the mobile streams and all communication to video with sound. The quality would be 4,000 times better than what we see in our best laptop connection and broadband scheme toda

So what are these technologies? In layman terms, it is about the speed of communication . The lower speeds could only deliver voice and some words, while the higher speeds can deliver all that I wrote above for 3G, and 4G and 5G would deliver at exponentially-higher speeds, thus giving far better video streams, faster moving pictures and much more in a ubiquitous manner.

so you are going to read about non-existing 5G on Economic Times? it's like reading about politics in Digit magazine.

Well, 100 mhz spectrum is bound to give better speed provided you have good enough signal for better QAM and power budget to accomodate such transfers.
The issues should be discussed instead of daydreaming.
I still think the speed will be useless if better interconnect between all participants is ensured. Routing would matter a lot in those scenarios.