speed low

• Thread starter Thread starter kavishg786
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 4,102
netbios over TCP/IP default

Windows peer-to-peer networks use the NetBIOS (Network Basic Input/Output System) applications programming interface for File and Printer Sharing. NetBIOS names identify computers on the network. NetBIOS broadcasts locate computers and shared disks and folders on the network and allow them to appear in My Network Places and Network Neighborhood.
seems like it is necessary only if you want to enable file & printer sharing over the network.

Disable NetBIOS in W2K/XP/2003

Note: Computers that are running an operating system prior to Windows 2000 will be unable to browse, locate, or create file and print share connections to a Windows 2000/XP/2003 computer with NetBIOS disabled.

@members/whitestar_999/
I did not want to complicate matters for @/members/kavishg786/
who posts one or two words. If he changes to "Default" and there is no improvement he will say not working
!

he is in my city not far from where i am.already changed mobile nos. with him & had a long chat.seems to me some technical problem from bsnl's side.his line also has many cuts.

he said he tested his line with his brother's laptop using ethernet & got same 50-60KBps.not only this even when he had home 250 he got these same speeds.i believe bsnl has not changed his speeds.also he is a old user(IP 59.x.x.x).