Speed/line quality on a new 1899 plan - Help needed

mohit.anfield

Regular
ISP
Airtel 1699
The mtnl lineman just came to my place and setup the wifi connection.I am getting around 1.7 to 1.8 Mbps and the ping test results are constantly C*.The jitter is around 6-10 on the line.Is this normal?With airtel on a 2 Mbps plan I used to get slightly above 2Mbps on each speed test.And the line quality was always A.What can I do about it? The Modem is a 450 TC 1 by the way.Any help/tips would be appreciated.

Are you testing using wifi or by directly connecting your router to your PC by a LAN cable? 450TC1 is the worst router in the market when it comes to wifi connection quality. So check by using a LAN cable only.I get around 1.6 mbps on my 2 mbps connection with the same Rs 1899 plan of MTNL.

Yes.Checked it through a lan cable.The speed is the same.The problem is more the line quality than the speed, by the way.But looking at your speed I guess its the norm with MTNL.

The mtnl lineman just came to my place and setup the wifi connection.
I am getting around 1.7 to 1.8 Mbps and the ping test results are constantly C*.
The jitter is around 6-10 on the line.

Is this normal?With airtel on a 2 Mbps plan I used to get slightly above 2Mbps on each speed test.
And the line quality was always A.
What can I do about it? The Modem is a 450 TC 1 by the way.
Any help/tips would be appreciated.

Mohit, TRAI mandates that the ISP should provide at least 80% of the specified speed. MTNL has somehow interpreted that to mean they should not provide better than 80%. 🙂
I believe most MTNL subscribers get 80% of the rated speed.

Ahh well.Better than getting 1Mbps for more than half a month on a 2Mbps 'unlimited' plan with airtel.😀