Speed jump?

• Thread starter Thread starter Positron
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1,739

Positron

Regular
Has anyone else experienced the increase in the speed from the last couple of days? I am using 256 kbps connection and it's theoretically supposed to give me 32 kBps but I am getting 40 kBps, without any dial-up clients or anything. I simply use Firefox to download and get 40 kBps! Thats just amazing.

well, everytime there's a post like this, gotta ask the same question: where are you located? bangalore?i dont see a speed jump on my pune 256k connection... same old 25-30 kBps range herehopefully they are upgrading equipment or something... like airtel must be doing... for the coming broadband wars 🙂(at least i'm hoping there's some sort of broadband price/speed war soon... damn cartels)

hi guys, i am from mysore. i am getting download speeds around 32 to 34 kBps from the day i got my broadband connection.

He got that speed jump but considering BSNL i would say they must be having some prblms in the eqpmnt bcos an increase of 5 KBps is would not be deliberate i meen the figure sounds very odd