Speed Issues

It's been like this since a few months now, nothing much we can do other than hoping they fix their backend.

Yep, thinking of ditching them after the lockdown. 100 mbps but I get 40 mbps lmao. At this point giving them money is encouraging mediocre PSUs.

Which would be okay I'm not a big downloader but so much packet loss even in non-peak hours. It's terrible. If you are into gaming don't take Railwire connection espeically if you are near Kolkata/ will be connected to Kolkata NOC. The engineers there are doing mediocre work. Even video calls get stuck. My mobile connection is better quality lol.

Well being from Odisha and being routed through Hyderabad, it is pretty good when it works, recently the speeds seem to be fixed too. Besides they are the only option for me so have to stick with them.

Yep, thinking of ditching them after the lockdown. 100 mbps but I get 40 mbps lmao. At this point giving them money is encouraging mediocre PSUs.

Which would be okay I'm not a big downloader but so much packet loss even in non-peak hours. It's terrible. If you are into gaming don't take Railwire connection espeically if you are near Kolkata/ will be connected to Kolkata NOC. The engineers there are doing mediocre work. Even video calls get stuck. My mobile connection is better quality lol.
You are right. Speed issue is happening alot in our region too. I am on a 100 Mbps plan and getting speed of 40 Mbps to 50 Mbps and if you speak to them about this they say issue is there in your system and when a handful of customers complain they say give them remote access and might be optical power loss but one thing they do not provide access bandwidth and when you say I am on a 100 Mbps plan and getting 60 to 70 Mbps, then they say its broadband and not lease line and they say if you are not happy with RailWire they you can choose other service providers. They are so so adamant and they actually dont care cause they still add alot of customers per day despite speed issues.

^ You were talking about them adding another server or something. What happened to that? Any news?

Server has been added in Bhubaneswar but its been routed to Kolkata NOC. They are not evening upgrading their switch to 10G and there are shortage of bandwidth as well which they are not even worried about....

He was talking about them upgrading to 10Gig ports AFAIK