Speed Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryan.adams08

ISP
reliance netconnect+
i m currently facing a problem. whenever i m downloading something, the speed is ticking to 40 KB/s..but when i m opening a forum site or a site with lots of picture & videos(not sites like orkut, yahoo etc.), the speed is raising to 1 -1.5 Mb/s..when i m doing a speedtest,, the speed is showing around 1 Mb/s. butwhen i m streaming videos from youtube, the speed sticks to 350 Kb/s. i m using a DU meter. my question is why i m not getting the speed while i m downloading?i m using IE 8 with flashget as download manager.

use firefox with adblocker

use firefox with adblocker

working great..solved a bucket of problem..thank u bro.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:..
but tell me a good download manager for firefox.. inbuilt dl manager doesn't boost the dl speed in firefox

flashget integrates well with firefox too, just reinstall flashget once, so that it seems firefox and configures firefox to use flashget

working great..solved a bucket of problem..thank u bro.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:..
but tell me a good download manager for firefox.. inbuilt dl manager doesn't boost the dl speed in firefox

try DownthemAll plugin for firefox...

i m using flashgot plugin with firefox..it autometically integrated with flashget & gives me dl speed upto 220 KBps...:inodding:

Use Internet Download Manager v 5.18.Its working really well for me with Firefox.

Last night I checked the speed on speedtest & was getting about 1.2 Mbps.However the youtube videos were frustratingly buffering.Is it the problem with my pc/browser or the connection??I'm using Firefox with adblocker.🙁

speedtest checks your speeds from a particular server. so that does not really ensure that you would get similar speeds from all servers on the web... youtube included. you might also be downloading HD quality videos. so disable that option. sometimes youtube is just plain slow at my place as well. i end up letting it buffer before i watch a video.

from lots of other forums & orkut communities, i saw tht people from mumbai only r getting speed over 2 mbps..other metros r still lacking behinds..i m getting around 1 mbps..& sometimes even slower.

https://www.speedtest.net

waiting for other views

Last night I checked the speed on speedtest & was getting about 1.2 Mbps.
However the youtube videos were frustratingly buffering.
Is it the problem with my pc/browser or the connection??
I'm using Firefox with adblocker.🙁

I faced the same issue, Reliance Servers are resolving youtube IP addresses to Google IPs in Europe
change the dns to Airtel or Tata servers mentioned, these resolve to IP addresses in Google India
which give good speed , making Videos load at lighting fast

Code:
-airtel-59.144.127.1659.144.127.17    -tata-203.124.230.21203.124.230.12
you can check the difference in ping values before and after changing the DNS servers. use below command for that

Code:
ping v3.lscache3.c.youtube.com
Dont use opendns IP address, they also resolve to google IP addresses in USA which are slow too

----------

In my Huawei modem,
Here are the navigation to change settings

Settings > Edit > Advanced > Dns settings : static (change IP addresses) > OK > save

after changing the "dns" manually, i cant connect to the net since its showing "remote computer response error"..i set the values to default & then got connected. i m from kolkatacomment on this

Status
Not open for further replies.