Speed in unlimited plans

• Thread starter Thread starter gabru
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 3,766

gabru

ISP
bsnl
Hi Guys, I have BSNL 500 home plan...speed is good around 220 KBPS...I download around 800 MB movie in one hour with this speed but the problem is I always exceed the 2.5 GB limit in this plan..I want to migrate to unlimited plan 750 as speed increased there to 512 kbps now...I wanted to know from 750 UL users what is the actual speed they are getting ..theoritically it should be around 64 KBPS...so 1 hour means only 200 MB per hour download..ie 800 MB movie in 4 hours...is it ? I am confused whether to migrate or not.as I dont want to scracth my head with very low speeds....presently I download daily 1-2 GB from 6am to 8 am.. night unlimited (2 am is too early to me..to wake up for that 2 - 8 am night UL)...Please suggest..

Hey Hi, I am currently on Bsnl 750it would be better if you stay on same plan cause the speed in my plan is very less about 55-60 not much,I too download much so i got this i i download about 2 gb in a day (not night)so i use this but if you download in day you need this plan (at night this plan is not for you)you can have more speed than this if you stay on that plan .

I am using UL 750. I get around 60 KBps average in direct links and around 58 in torrents. You can download the same amount if you keep the system on during day time or night. I am quite happy with performance. Me too used to have a limited bandwidth plan. Got huge bill and shifted to UL 750. It is much better with 512 Kbps. I download around a movie per day with enough time to spare. But it is always your choice. I will say UL 750 gives you peace of mind more than anything. And no worry about huge bills.

I suggest to stick to the current plan....Use night download utilities to manage your night downloads Here are some of these Imran Download Manageror I highly recommend Autoconnect by Dexter_Darklab(One of the best so far!!!)Google them if you want or PM me

thanks guys...for your views....I think should stick to 500 plan..because of speed..and not use much during day time....

i also suggest you to stick in the plan or go to bsnl EVDO if available. it has 2mbps unlimited at 750.but the EVDO device cost aroung 2500-3000rs.

i also suggest you to stick in the plan or go to bsnl EVDO if available. it has 2mbps unlimited at 750.
but the EVDO device cost aroung 2500-3000rs.

I will check that in my locality...if available...BTW if EVDO is so fast why people continue with their 512 kbps UL......with same price 750...???

well because it depends on various factors like distance from tower and users using the device in your area to experience speeds like 2mbps.

Yep. My friends who use EvDO says the speed they get is based on pure luck. Sometimes, the speed even dip to 512 Kbps. The who point is speed fluctuates a lot.

ALL IN ALL 500 plan is best...because if you can download 2 gb in 3 hours..in the morning..than no point with 750 UL toiling all day for this.....

UL 750 is good for seeding. My ratio is very good on private trackers. If you are into torrents, UL 750 is a boon.

I do agree with dilip that Upload speed is quite low in Home 500 and the private trackers needs to maintain a ratio.

well one last suggestion i can say that y dont you try to use movies links of 300-400mb which are same quality as of 700mb almost every latest movie i can found links of it.It jst saves time 🙂

Me too in 500 Plan, daily i download around 3 GB from 2 Am to 8 Am. No need to wake up at 2 and switch on the machine. Just put ur modem in Bridge mode and connect net via .bat file and using Schedule Task manager automatically.Schedule Task manager connect net at 2 AM, then open utorrent at 2.00.30 AM and stats download then disconnect net at 7:59 AM and shutdown my system at 8:02 Am automatically. :dance::dance::dance: