Speed Caps in BSNL 3G

• Thread starter Thread starter N_lover27
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 3,523

N_lover27

ISP
Alliance BB, Jio Fiber
I dnt know if anyone have faced this issue or not.

I am from kolkata and using Huawei UMG1831

i was shocked to see bsnl is capping their connection for new 3g connection.

chk the screen shot below.

i was shocked to see bsnl is capping their connection for new 3g connection.

see the Negotiated QoS 128 kbps uplink and download

But your peak speed shows 545.904 ...!!!Do a speed test and post. QoS sometimes behaves unpredictable.

But your peak speed shows 545.904 ...!!!

Do a speed test and post. QoS sometimes behaves unpredictable.

Ya I connected with reliance earlier

I did chk with IDM but its showing 10-12 Kbps

are you on 3G plan or 2G plan?

hahahahaha nice one. as per customer care(whose job is to make up a story so customer dont blame bsnl for their mistakes) I am on 3g.

I bought a new 3G sim with rs 59 and recharged with FRC 120. and frm the day of activation I am facing this issue. I called and made complain about the matter twice but no resolution till now.

F***K BSNL

Welcome to the family bro.... me 2 from kolkata.... Jadavpur.... here goes my MDMA SS...

Datacard : UMG 1831

Sim : 1st the actual 3G Sim... then a duplicate USIM for that no and lastly a total new connection...

Duniya hil gaya par kisi ki kya majaal ki BSNL towers ka Negotiated Qos hilaye.. Same 128 Kbps... LOL

http://www.grinshare.com/

Where r u in kolkata...??? by the way i have visited BSNL 6 times in one week and still no one resolved the issue... so i hav stopped keeping any hopes for improvement....

Ps : RAT showing 3G in place of HSDPA coz there was no data transfer going on when i took the screenshot...

so u updated it. any problem so far. I have updated too. but cannot see any problem so far. Some of the member of this forum saying that the old is stable. If so then is there any way to get the old firmware.???

i got this one with this FW only.. the dealer on ebay sent me after updating it... about downgrading... not sure... i am pretty expert about Nokia Symabian Device FW upgrading and downgrading (Flash)... but about data cards i am not sure... but if i go with the mobile phone logic then its not safe to downgrade the FW of any device coz it may kill the device..

i got this one with this FW only.. the dealer on ebay sent me after updating it... about downgrading... not sure... i am pretty expert about Nokia Symabian Device FW upgrading and downgrading (Flash)... but about data cards i am not sure... but if i go with the mobile phone logic then its not safe to downgrade the FW of any device coz it may kill the device..

So any problem so far?

---------- Post added at 02:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 AM ----------

As for the BSNL Problem we are facing. I tried my Dad's old 2G sim card and guess what the downlink showing 16000kbps and uplink 8900 kbps or something similar.

But as its 2G i was unable to chk the proper speed.

I really do not know why the hell BSNL is doing this???

no problems...till now.. infact it works good with other operators... i tried Aircel sim though they dont have 3G till now but got a negotiated qos above 8000

---------- Post added at 03:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 AM ----------

So any problem so far?

---------- Post added at 02:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 AM ----------

As for the BSNL Problem we are facing. I tried my Dad's old 2G sim card and guess what the downlink showing 16000kbps and uplink 8900 kbps or something similar.

But as its 2G i was unable to chk the proper speed.

I really do not know why the hell BSNL is doing this???

wont be much of use as u wont be able to access 3g network...