• Thread starter Thread starter Zaman2011
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 6,488

Zaman2011

Regular
ISP
BSNL
My dad went to the BSNL office today and spoke to some of the senior management there. One of the senior most officers who manages the BSNL Broadband section in the exchange told me and my dad that BSNL might soon be sold over to Reliance as per their internal reports. They were also worried that there might be many job cuts after the take over. I have not found it anywhere else but he seemed to be mentioning it seriously. So, not sure where he came to know about it but he is the top officer in broadband section in our exchange. So, I am not sure why he would tell a lie. I am not sure which Ambani/Reliance he was saying i.e. Anil or Mukesh but it might be interesting if it really happens. Hmmmm. Anybody else got the news?

ADA reliance is actually concentrating more on finance and infrastructure than telecom,so i doubt if he will take such a step.

I wouldnt be surprised, am hearing such consolidation happening in the large IT company segments as well.

BS. Bsnl union leaders will die before selling out to reliance.
They for 10 years have not merged with mtnl (another govt entity), no way in hell they will sell out their broadband service to reliance.

That is the reason I was surprised as it is a public sector company and a lot of internal politics plays which stops the selling of such companies even after losses. But he was just too serious about it and I cannot find any reason why he would lie after being a very senior officer there. One thing I am quite sure is that they are finding it difficult to manage the BSNL network. One of my cousins had applied to BSNL nearly 3-4 months back with the fees but has not yet received his line. And my line is also pathetic and DSL keeps blinking and goes off nearly 30-40 times every day. During rain and wind, it is even worse. So, they are definitely not able to improve the line quality from what I can say and they are not concentrating on bringing new customers either. They just do not seem that interested anymore unless the linemens who work only on good bribes (nowadays their demand has gone up to around Rs.400 per problem). Losses will only increase for BSNL with such attitude and so, Reliance take over thing if true might reduce the losses of the telecom giant. Somebody like Mukesh Ambani would probably see this as an interesting proposal to provide wired broadband lines and phone services too in addition to the 4G wireless ones.
Ashish said:
BS. Bsnl union leaders will die before selling out to reliance.
They for 10 years have not merged with mtnl (another govt entity), no way in hell they will sell out their broadband service to reliance.

That will never gonna happen,so who ever wants it keep dreaming.Only Restructuring is gonna happen.
or they might buy some stake thats it. I m happy if they hand it over to vsnl/tata.

Obviously that guy was trying to act knowledgeable or simply bluffing.

I am assuming that this is not going to happen. If it does, I would be in big trouble 😀 Reliance is shittier than BSNL 😀

Reliance will be mightier with such reach. But of course, it is not going to happen.

Assholes do not even have to sell. Just focus on creating and renting infrastructure. But nope... Too much work.

First Guy - *Scratches armpit hair with tea in other hand* - Sharma ji...kya socha hai? Reliance ko dede?
Second Guy - Rehne dete hai. Itne kaagaz, itni sardardi..kaun le? Salary milti hai na? Bas khush raho. *Orders samosa and enjoys the afternoon in their A/C office*