Spectrum Auction 2021

• Thread starter Thread starter Sachin23
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,114
  • Views Views 60,321
Airtel b40 earfcn in MH changed from 39050 to 39150
Screenshot-20210616-163929.png

Reactions: SVK
"Great news! AIRTEL 4G WITH INDOOR BOOST is here to make your network experience even better! Get ready to enjoy better indoor coverage & faster internet speeds.
Airtel - improving your network experience everyday"

Got this message from airtel TN circle, does that mean 900mhz is added here??

@blueman24 Hey, did Airtel deployed Band 5 in your area? I am not getting it yet.
Also what about Band 40 in your area, I am still getting 20 MHz only. Also I am not getting CA in my area.

Recently I visited Ratnagiri where I got Airtel band 5 in remote place like Ganpatipule.

I have not seen any changes although not sure as I am not rooted rn and hence can't lock bands. Looks like airtel does not really care about speeds as long as everyone gets ~10mbps down.

Good to know about band 5 deployment in remote places. I guess that's nice.

I'm in a rural area but with a tower around 500m away. It's not direct LOS though and it's over a hill, I'm on the other side of the hill at its base.

Still during the day I get around 30Mbps and at night it goes up to 50-60Mbps. I can't latch onto B40 so most of the time I'm on B3 or B1. No CA.

i6nLmlu.png

I was asking for Airtel Band 5 (850 MHz) deployment status few days ago. Ironically, today I started getting band 5. Even confirmed through Tarang Sanchar website. 😁

Finally, Airtel in my area now has: (Kolhapur, MH)

For 4G:

Band 1 (2100) - 10 MHz
Band 3 (1800) - 15 MHz
Band 5 (850) - 5 MHz
Band 40 (2300) - 20 MHz (only 20 MHz out of 30 deployed yet) - In city centre I was getting 40-40C (20+10 MHz)

In total 50 MHz or 60 MHz (City center) of 4G BW

Versus

Vi (Vodafone Idea):
(Kolhapur-MH)

For 4G:
Band 1 (2100) - 15 MHz
Band 3 (1800) - 10 MHz
Band 8 (900) - 10 MHz
Band 40 (2300) - 10 MHz
Band 41 (2500) - 20 MHz

In total 65 MHz of 4G BW.

Note: All this info is verified using Samsung service menu *#0011# (Kolhapur-MH) near my home. Above info/data may vary depending on location.

@devangpatel still vi beats airtel here, as they have 10mhz of b8 as compared to 5 of airtel which is important for indoor coverage ,I am assuming you are not getting ca on airtel while ca is enabled in vi right, that gives vi edge, if only their routing has been optimized....

@Lucifer96 Vi doesn’t beat Airtel just because they have some extra low end spectrum. A mobile network is much more important on the core aspects of it. That explains why Jio is able to provide decent speeds and support many users despite having the lowest spectrum collection. Or in my case with Airtel, I am pretty much always locked to B3 indoors and still get great speeds. I remember how Vodafone used to perform on 900MHz Edge. It was faster than every other Operator. Idea 3g too was really good, even in rural areas.

Vi core network, after integrating with Idea, has turned to shit. Their routing, latencies, roaming functions have all gone down. They should just ideally sell spectrum at this point and focus on core optimisation, but unfortunately they can’t. Operators can’t trade spectrum in India.

@Lucifer96 I don't get CA for both Airtel & Vi in my area. (Airtel 40-40C only in city centre). Before JUNE 2020 I used to get CA on Vi but after that it too stopped.

@pillaicha As you rightly mentioned sir, despite Vi having abundant spectrum this doesn't make Vi better since they haven't sorted their backend core network properly. Only if Vi sorts its core network with better routing, VOLTE/VOWIFI etc. that case were Vi will be better then all since they have least user then competitors. Even in my area Jio with least spectrum performs better then Vi in case of call quality and non-peak hours data usage.

@pillaicha can they optimize their core network and routing without releasing any spectrum?, if they can achieve that I think they can easily beat other operators hands down,