Spectrum Auction 2021

• Thread starter Thread starter Sachin23
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,114
  • Views Views 60,357
@blueman24 someone in Nagpur said he was getting CA on TT. You should check CA by going to the highway, or next to a mall. Jio enables CA in those areas.

Oh and which handset are you using? Maybe your handset doesn't support CA

On TT, some people have been saying that they contact one Sanjay Masruwala,(I'm not sure if I got his last name correct) he's one of the big guys in Jio, and he sends network engineers to your place, they install the cells, and actually pay you some 2 to 3k monthly for rent and electricity. You get coverage, the neighbourhood around you gets coverage, and it's a win win for everyone. I don't mind the radiation though since it's non ionizing. Only thing is, we've gotta drink lots of water because electromagnetic radiation heats up the water in the body, so what's happening is, your blood gets thicker. Blood thinners like garlic, cassia and cloves works wonders in cases like these.

Oh and your wifi router too is emitting electromagnetic radiation in case you're wondering.

Getting both is essential. Sometimes the vowifi doesnt work when the network goes out completely, which is why I want them to install small cells. I spoke to some neighbours, and one old lady was frustrated because she has a jiophone, and she wants to watch movies, but the videos are buffering continuously lol.

So yeah, I'm dying to get the small cells at my place. While 100Mbps on Jio would be enough, I'm already getting 300Mbps on Ethernet Xpress. Will wait for their lines to be back up.
Well if atleast some of the people has a mentality like you , then 4g coverage situations will be greatly improved especially in rural areas. Here in my locality people are busy filing cases whenever a new tower is planned in the area ,due to this a jio tower planned is never being fulfilled in my area for many years.
Most of the people thinks the towers are hazardous to health, some even go one step further by saying that it leads to cancer😅
And then they whine about poor 4g speeds everywhere in social media etc.

@Lucifer96 yeah that's the problem all over India. Lots of folks need an education on electromagnetic radiation . So if possible, get Jio to install small cells in your building if you have space. If you're staying in a flat, then it might not be possible.

@blueman24 someone in Nagpur said he was getting CA on TT. You should check CA by going to the highway, or next to a mall. Jio enables CA in those areas.

Oh and which handset are you using? Maybe your handset doesn't support CA
I tried on a few different handsets including a Galaxy S7 and LG G8x and I have not seen CA for years. It used to be there during the early days when jio started implementing CA but after that nothing.
Also, did jio add the recently acquired b40 spectrum in all sites?

@blueman24 I was getting Jio CA and Idea CA almost everywhere in Kolhapur district. But now sadly nowhere its available.
I used to get CA on Jio till Dec 2020, but after that they disabled CA. Also for Idea(Vi) CA was available till AUG 2020 and then it stopped after getting message from Vi about network integration and you may face network issue for few days.
Till AUG 2020 I was Vodafone postpaid user and was happy since I used to get atleast 50+Mbps in peak hours and 150+Mbps in non-peak hours. But sadly my happiness din't last long since after getting that network integration messages from Vi, whole network got messed up. Even calling was affected and I had no option but to port with Airtel. Also Nowadays still Vi network is mess in my area, many people ported to Jio/Airtel.

Well that's no good.
I was thinking about trying out Vi but your experience suggests otherwise. Vi has so much spectrum, do you know which bands they are using after the integration? Is band 8 and band 41 active?

In my place (a bit outskirts of Kolhapur city) these bands are available:

For Vi: Band 8 (5 MHz), Band 1 (10 MHz), Band 3 (10 MHz), Band 40 (10 MHz) and Band 41 (20 MHz)

For Airtel: Band 3 (15 MHz), Band 1 (10 MHz) and Band 40 (20 MHz)

Speed Wise in my area (non peak hours) : Airtel>Jio>Vi
Speed Wise in my area (peak hours) : Airtel>Vi>Jio
Routing (overall latency): Airtel>Jio>Vi

Vi has worst routing in my place like twitter and Quora takes ages to load.

Note: I am only mentioning 4G bandwidth only here which is verified using Samsung service mode.

What can they do considering they barely have money to pay their dues at this point? Network equipment and infrastructure is expensive and neither constituent companies are very hopeful of the outcome in a decade. So they've both taken a hardline stance not to invest anymore. Infact even foreign companies/private trust funds/ equity firms are all reluctant to invest in any Indian company at this point. Govt keeps making claims of huge FDIs but it mostly goes to Ambani and Adani group of companies. They never thought all that spectrum purchase back in 2010 and 2016 would end up like this, unused.

@pillaicha but not investing in new equipments will only cause them to futher bleed right, as many customers will move from their network to others causing them to sink more. I hope if they somehow manage to properly deploy and optimize their network and routing then they can surely regain the customers, after all they have the major crtical thing which others lack i.e, higher spectrum footprint. I am on vi sim for 2 years after years of trying both jio and airtel, except in my hoemtown till now I never felt any reason to port out of it. I have got the speeds which I never got with jio and airtel

I agree it's more difficult for them with their financial conditions

@Lucifer96 I agree with you. They have the potential to provide excellent services. But the present govt has other people to favor and if you see, since, 2014 that one company has received heavy regulatory favors. Call it progress or development, but pulling it out of a bag insidiously is not looked upon favorably by foreign investors and even local businessmen. Similarly, BSNL network upgrades being blocked for 5 years now aren't because of the employee babus themselves.

For those who don't understand what I'm talking about, a little intro for you guys.

Coming back to Vi, I think they would not fade away but evolve to a fixed LTE/5G/IOT operator in the later part of this decade. They have the spectrum and infrastructure, but putting up enough base stations to compete with Airtel or Jio seems quite impossible. So focusing on cost effective enterprise and fixed broadband in rural areas, plus IOT contracts with public utilities like water and electricity DISCOMS, Railways, ISRO, smart traffic lights, and smart city security CCTVs seems to be their future. Not the mobile business.

Is anyone on Airtel in Mumbai getting CA? My network has suddenly improved from 1 bar to all 5 bars but no CA. Happening since last 3 weeks.