Spectrum Auction 2021

• Thread starter Thread starter Sachin23
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,114
  • Views Views 60,503
Airtel also has big leaps after spectrum addition in my area band 3 used to be below to 2mbps now it is always above 10mbps in download speed. Band 1 has increased from 10mbps to 25 mbps after spectrum addition. Band 40 is giving me 25 mbps which was same as before but there is no 40C enabled in my area neither they have changed the earfcn it is still 39150.😩 Airtel does some black magic in their network speeds have increased where they didn’t add spectrum but the mystery is speeds in b40 is the same . Overall it has become better so no complaints. Still the situation perplexes me🤣.

What is status about Airtel and Jio in MH. Is new spectrum deployed.

Airtel bought (2.5 MHz) Band 5 and (10 MHz) Band 40
Jio bought (10 MHz) Band 5, (5 MHz) Band 3 and (10 MHz) Band 40.

Anyone from Kerala have any update about airtel's band 8 deployment ??? They turned of band 40 in my nearest tower for some reason
Has anyone got band 8 deployed in their area ??

@Ajmal9294 nope they didn't deploy it ,I have checked ,I even tired to band lock into band 8 but noo signal

Also deploying band 8 is not an easy task like other bands which are already with airtel, they have to install new band 8 radio's for it as far as I know. And I don't think they will do it everywhere, probably they will deploy it dense populated cities areas mainly

@lucifer every where they are deploying B8 first in rural and town areas only first.As they need it most.B8 in densely populated cities any way is of no much use thats why every circle subghz bands new spectrum is first being deployed in Rural and towns only.

@ak8757 what u said maybe true in the case of airtel/jio , but it's not the case of vi. I am a vi user for past 1 year in kerala. In most places they have deployed either band 8 5 mhz or, 10 mhz, and they have first deployed it in kochi which is a dense populated city. Except for my district they have deployed band 8 everywhere. In my district they are still running on band 3 and 41, they completed the integration here last June. But still now there is no deployment on band 8, b1 etc even after many of my complaints due to this I am having only 2g in my house indoors. My area is a rural one with small towns.

Can anyone tell me how can spectrum addition increase coverage of a tower? If it is a lot congested and then you will get low signal and then spectrum addition increases signal but if it is not congested how will it increase coverage?