• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 6,962

raddy

Regular
ISP
Reliance JioFiber
Hello Everybody
We have just taken Spectranet broadband yesterday for its 2MBps unlimited tariff.
We already have BSNL Broadband in our apartment without much of trouble.
Spectranet was one of the few broadband service providers which offers Unlimited Plans.
After the installation completed. i was greeted to a great shock in their login page.
Spectranet is going to impose Fair Usage Policy in it's all plans which has speed more than 1MBps.
The Fair Usage policy is not at all generous as they say,
It is just 25GB, there is certainly no advantage for us to switching to Spectranet by paying the premium.
Please check this link
http://www.spectranet.in/fair-usage1.php
But their customer care is not leaking any information about the Fair Usage Plans.

Are you sure they did not have FUP already?

their plans clearly mention - '[color=rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif;font-size:11px;]No Fair Usage Policy on any plan."[/color]
🙁

falconeer said:
their plans clearly mention - '[color=rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif;font-size:11px;]No Fair Usage Policy on any plan."[/color]
🙁
That is only for now, not after April.

I live in Noida and I'm using spectranet from some time and quite satisfied with their service..Earlier I used BSNL which was the worst serivice provider I ever had.. :nono:
Recently my colony has got new optical fibre layed by spectranet and I'm also hearing the same thing like FUP....if that starts that would be hell.. :scared:
In which city do u live where this has started..?

Verizonn said:
I live in Noida and I'm using spectranet from some time and quite satisfied with their service..Earlier I used BSNL which was the worst serivice provider I ever had.. :nono:
Recently my colony has got new optical fibre layed by spectranet and I'm also hearing the same thing like FUP....if that starts that would be hell.. :scared:
I am not completely opposed to FUP if the they imposed it generously as they say.
But 25GB for 2MBps plan is certainly not generous considering the amount we pay monthly.
I am located in Bangalore and pays Rs 2100 monthly and this my first month.
I was being so happy to use an Unlimited Broadband connection, but my dreams where shattered.

Verizonn said:
Spectranet's site shows a Fiber optics plan for Rs 2199 which gives 96 GBs of data at 16 mbps. I really think it would be good for most of the net savvy people.

raddy said:
Hello Everybody
We have just taken Spectranet broadband yesterday for its 2MBps unlimited tariff.
We already have BSNL Broadband in our apartment without much of trouble.
Spectranet was one of the few broadband service providers which offers Unlimited Plans.
After the installation completed. i was greeted to a great shock in their login page.
Spectranet is going to impose Fair Usage Policy in it's all plans which has speed more than 1MBps.
The Fair Usage policy is not at all generous as they say,
It is just 25GB, there is certainly no advantage for us to switching to Spectranet by paying the premium.
Please check this link
http://www.spectranet.in/fair-usage1.php
But their customer care is not leaking any information about the Fair Usage Plans.
But this fair usage policy is only for wireless plans , fixed lines plans don't have any FUP as mentioned by their site. And the link you posted is also from terms and conditions of wireless plans

Terms & Conditions:

[*]All prices are inclusive of Taxes.
[*]Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
[*]Data transfer is calculated as a total of “Upload + Download”. However the download Speed may vary depending upon the application used.
[*]All unlimited data plans are governed by Fair Usage Policy.

For Cable Broadband

Terms & Conditions:
[*]Each pack has validity defined in terms of months, data transfer. The pack expires on expiry of any of the validity parameters.
[*]The above mentioned prices are applicable only in Bangalore.
[*]Data transfer is calculated as a total of “Upload + Download”. However the download Speed may vary depending upon the application used.
[*]No Fair Usage Policy on any plan.
[/list]

Amanpreet Singh said:
But this fair usage policy is only for wireless plans , fixed lines plans don't have any FUP as mentioned by their site. And the link you posted is also from terms and conditions of wireless plans

Terms & Conditions:

[*]All prices are inclusive of Taxes.
[*]All unlimited data plans are governed by Fair Usage Policy.

For Cable Broadband

Terms & Conditions:
[*]Each pack has validity defined in terms of months, data transfer. The pack expires on expiry of any of the validity parameters.
[*]The above mentioned prices are applicable only in Bangalore.
[*]No Fair Usage Policy on any plan.
[/list]
Thanks for the clarification.
But FUP is surely going to be introduced in Spectranet.