Spectranet has launched unlimited 50/100mbps plans for Rs. 1199/1999

It's available in my sector. But sector is not the correct word. It is available in one society in my sector. And their form basically asks you to recommend your society for network expansion. By which I guess they mean flats in a gated community. Living in an independent house has become a curse wrt broadband connectivity in this country.

The reason is DEPLOYMENT COSTS.
The ISP will only invest when they get the number. Investing for single customer and maintaining the last mile won't even pay the ISP their return for even an year too..

That's the reason high speed FIBER broadband is always to the societies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excitel and Nextra too probably have something to do with it and it was expected as they've been giving same rate for many years. Also 50mbps seems to be right priced at 1150 since a local isp with fttb is also giving same.

Nextra charges 1999 + taxes for 50 mbps nfinity and the plan is not available to all customers. Also has FUP after certain GBs and blocks ports for FTP ( Can't run a FTP server) and does not allow to change DNS to implement Norton safe DNS or OpenDNS or any ProxyDNS for unblocking international content. So spectranet seems better than Nextra at least.