Spectranet FOX

@NITIN Mehrotra
Dear Nitin,

firstly - some words of appreciation for a positive experience so far and I concur with points 1 and 2 above!!
coming to my issue :
I have been a happy customer for a year now and am on the Quarterly Unlimited Package.
Since Sunday 1400hrs , there is no connectivity and I have called up the local tech/sales rep.Till today, my complaint status is not resolved!
I have called up the following and here is a summary :
1. Mr Manjunath - tech/sales rep - a response around power outage on sunday when first called and reported the incident - eta 30 mins , changed to few hours and since then not even a call back or response to sms/calls
2. Monday 1st June - ticket created with SLA 8 hrs for a tech visit - not met yet and no update
3. Mumbai NOC call - confirmation of issue, highlighted to be with CPE ( Spectranet Switch in premise building /floor - as per troubleshooting)
4. Tech Visit - NOT DONE TILL 7PM.
5. I called Mumbai NOC again to follow up - given Area Co-ordinator number for a Mr Robin.
6. Called up Mr Robin - commitment of tech in 2 hours - by 2100 hrs including tech name ( Mr Raghu ) - however no visit
7. follow up via another call and SMS - no response
8. Tuesday 2nd June - follow up with Mr Robin again - commitment of new tech by afternoon - plus mobile number again for Mr Manju ( ala point 1)
9. Called Mr Manju again - twice - no response.

Please can this be looked into? Can I have my internet back? its been 48 hrs without internet !

this is for BANG- SARJ- SOBHA QUARTZ ( Bangalore )
Thanks,
Abhishek

this was resolved as on 3rd June 1430 IST.

Last edited:
Hi folks, just wanted to check if it's a normal behaviour to get a very low ping test score (read Score F) even though speedtest results are in line within the promised bandwidth range (12-16 MBPS). I've been a Spectranet user for the last year and I've always had this issue. The network is rather poor during late evenings and video sites just keeps buffering. I'm about give up on them but i thought i'll get some feedback before pulling the plug.

thanks!

Last edited:
Someone somewhere said to tell the installation guy to install a 100Mbps connection instead of 10Mbps connection (doesn't matter what plan speed you selected) as it hepls in p2p and torrent speeds.
I don't understand, what did he meant exactly
Please someone, explain

Most probably PoE (Power over Ethernet). Both power and data are transmitted through the Ethernet cable, useful for remote PoE devices where power sources are not available. A PoE powered device can be substituted by a non-PoE device with an additional power source. Plugging an Ethernet cable that also carries power into a non-PoE device is also not a problem as PoE is auto-negotiated. If the router at your place has an additional power source then the PoE is meant for a remote device outside your premises.
In short you can use your own router if it provides the exact same function. Make sure there's no mac lock though.

Hey Guys, I had a similar question about the adapter that comes with Spectranet. I agree with Manoj that this is a PoE, which is probably used to power up the switch at the Spectranet hub station. They bring in the Fiber upto a point and then give Copper handoff to the client, the adapter they are using is something like this.. KINE SCOPE ELECTRONICS I think it is important to use this adapter so that the spectranet switch can get the power. In addition to that i dont see a need to use the WiFi router given by them, you can use your own. I have replaced it with mine and it is working fine, you just need to make sure that you have DHCP turned on. In addition to that, they do MAC Binding but you can work around that by registering the device on their webpage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just read in their website that the have Launched 1249Rs unlimited plan in Bangalore and 7 other cities.
Spped is upto 20MBPS and its a Fibre Optic Connection.
Here's the Link Below:
Click Here
If any1 have opted this plan, please post the review about speed and the no FUP part.