Spectranet blocking ports!

• Thread starter Thread starter varunbali
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 6,281

varunbali

ISP
Spectranet
I have tried for several hours now but I am unable to open a single port. I am currently connected directly to the Beetel modem given by them & turning on DMZ or virtual servers under NAT doesn't seem to help. All ports are still closed. Even the antivirus & windows firewall are off.
I have also tried connecting to my TP-Link 8970 router & its failing to open the ports too.
If the spectranet team is seeing this please give me a solution. This is a big problem since I have to tend to a lot of client calls from home. Not only this I am unable to join servers because the required ports are blocked. I didn't apply for spectranet to run into this problem. If any spectranet user knows any solution your help will be really appreciated.

All ports are open except Voip

To check for an open port, you need to have a running software which listens to that particular port. For eg: If you go to canyouseeme.org and check port 500, you'll get the following response:

Error: I could not see your service on 180.151.*.* on port (500)

This happens because there is no one(software) on your computer that is listening on port 500. Hence the port scanner thinks port 500 is closed on your IP.
But if I open utorrent > preferences > connection > edit port to 500 and run canyouseeme.org once again, I get the following response:

Success: I can see your service on 180.151.*.* on port (500)
Your ISP is not blocking port 500

This is because utorrent was obviously running at that moment listening on port 500. CYSM said "hi" to my IP(computer) on port 500 and utorrent responded with a "hi".
-----------------------

There are thousands of ports. You can find open port scanner tools on the internet which will listen and ping 50 to 100 most commonly used ports from the outside and present a report of open/closed ports.
Every IP in india blocks Voip port so dont be surprised

Thanks Sachin but won't that be a problem if I host a server? Are you suggesting that the server application would automatically do NAT-PMP or Upnp port forwarding & open the required ports while that server application is running?