Spectra now has 1gbps plans starting at Rs. 1061 (Rs. 1474 for unlimited data plan)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 82
  • Views Views 20,147
local market is now full of their brochures. it's possible that 1gbps would soon be available in my area. i am pretty happy with a 50mbps connection from excitel. what would i do with a 1gbps connection lol.

at this point i dont care about speed. as a user all i want is stability. that 1 gbps connection is useless if u cant watch streams without bufferings , download your stuff at 80-100 MB/sec, use your cctv cameras and stuff that require opening of ports , no packet loss etc etc.

imo a perfectly stable 100 Mbps connection is enough for a household for consumption for 1080p content and other activities.

on side note its great that you will be getting a 1Gbps connection . rejoice man

i would probably not get it. my local network is barely capable of handling 100mbps. i am not going to spend money to support 1gbps.

do they offer static ip? i do not remember any discussions regarding this. if they do at reasonable cost, i would be tempted.

seems unlikely because a lot of abuse is possible using static ip on a 1gbps connection 😀

i mean can you guys check with customer care if static ip can be provided.

Here, i'm pretty content with 8mbps BSNL plan and people are complaining about someone not getting the full 1gbps connection, seriously guys?

1gbps is excessive for 99% of Indian homes, the remainder will use it for seedbox and other shady stuff i reckon.

If i could get a symmetrical 8mbps connection, i would be the happiest kid on the block.

Speeds on torrents are decent.

Random example:
Source

Fast.com is around 160-200mbps.

Source

are you sure your hardware is not bottlenecking you ? coz that speed on torrent is very very bad. i get those speed on excitels 75 Mbps plan. it should be 90 MB/sec considering its a gigabit connection and not 9 . fast.com speeds are also very bad.

for some reason i couldnt quote the guy above me. anyways

how is seedbox = shady stuff?

also just because you are happy with your 8 Mbps connection doesnt mean that a guy who is getting below 400 Mbps on a gigabit connection should be too thinking ohh hey 95% of indian population dont even get 10 Mbps so i should be happy that i am getting 400 here. NO!!! spectra is advertising this as a gigabit connection. so if people are not getting these advertised speeds even after their hardware being compatible and other factors in favor then they should complain. they have every right to complain.

Last edited:
yea , could you try downloading that ubuntu file and latest torrents with good seeds so that they reflect a better picture of this 1 gigabit connection.

if you use steam/origin gaming clients, you can test from that too

Last edited:
lol yeah. to reach anywhere close to 1gbps, it would be better to download latest builds of all popular distros at the same time lol.

@Aakash Malhotra
also just because you are happy with your 8 Mbps connection doesnt mean that a guy who is getting below 400 Mbps on a gigabit connection should be too thinking ohh hey 95% of indian population dont even get 10 Mbps so i should be happy that i am getting 400 here. NO!!! spectra is advertising this as a gigabit connection. so if people are not getting these advertised speeds even after their hardware being compatible and other factors in favor then they should complain. they have every right to complain.

People do not understand false advertising even at cheap prices is still false advertising and it still should be considered a bad service. No matter how cheap the plan is, if your plan promises 1gbps I should get that speed all the time not just under particular conditions when my stars are aligned or for only particular type of traffic or content.