Spectra now has 1gbps plans starting at Rs. 1061 (Rs. 1474 for unlimited data plan)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 82
  • Views Views 20,161
I was on the Spectranet 100mbps unlimited plan (1199 pm) in Gurgaon. Tested speeds today and they have been upgraded.

Speedtest.net by Ookla - My Results

They are also providing a free routers to all existing consumers which can support the higher speeds.

think of it, Airtel was not ready to provide more than 2mbps to my society when Spectra launched here.
Try doing a speedtest from any of the jio servers.

I tried a few random US and Singapore servers. Speeds vary a lot. Like one US server gave me 10mbps down while another was at 280mbps down. Ping to US were around 200-220 while to Singapore were around 100-110. On an average the speeds were between 100-200mbps down. On one occasion a Singapore server recorded 700mbps up.

Jio's Navi Mumbai server: ping: 25-30, up: ~500mbps, down: ~450mbps

Gurgaon and Delhi servers: ping: 1-10, up: 600-900mbps, down: 400-800mbps.

Like this was to a non-Spectra Gurgaon server - Speedtest.net by Ookla - My Results

I think more than speeds, Spectra has upped their game in uptime and customer service, specially where they own the last mile.

Last edited:
US-East (Virginia) 304 304
US East (Ohio) 301 301
US-West (California) 271 271
US-West (Oregon) 294 294
Canada (Central) 307 307
Europe (Ireland) 226 226
Europe (London) 222 222
Europe (Frankfurt) 206 206
Asia Pacific (Mumbai) 54 54
Asia Pacific (Seoul) 219 219
Asia Pacific (Singapore) 100 100
Asia Pacific (Sydney) 264 264
Asia Pacific (Tokyo) 181 181
South America (Sao Paulo) 439 439
China (Beijing) 429 429

This was when I did a ping test with all checked.

I was on the Spectranet 100mbps unlimited plan (1199 pm) in Gurgaon. Tested speeds today and they have been upgraded.

Speedtest.net by Ookla - My Results

They are also providing a free routers to all existing consumers which can support the higher speeds.

think of it, Airtel was not ready to provide more than 2mbps to my society when Spectra launched here.

Do give your impressions about the router(D-Link DIR 825) also...... as it is very poorly rated and might not do justice to 1Gbps connection..... especially the 5Ghz band....

I have a Netgear Knighthawk R7000 router. Spectra originally did not use to provide a router with a new connection. They offered me a router recently but I refused.

Ok..... so your upgradation is totally without any expenses.... no security deposits etc....

Ok..... so your upgradation is totally without any expenses.... no security deposits etc....

There was a security deposit at the time of installation for the fiber modem. The supplied modem had wifi disabled by firmware so people had to purchase a router on top of it. Of late they started offering a router with new connections and also offered them to existing customers who were among the first takers of Spectra. They upgraded my speed without any change in my plan. Am still paying 1199 pm for unlimited data.

I really don't think they should promise 1Gbps symmetrical speed to everyone if they can't give it.
I wonder how this connection works with torrents.
Also can you do a test on www.testmy.net make sure you select the Bangalore server on the top right corner of the site.
Look out for the middle variance in the test result.

whatever you guys say, at price point anything above 500mbps is fair enough as we all know many web servers still have 100 mbps connectivity.

Last edited:
saw their ad in my local sector market. spectra is available in one society that seems to exist in my area. used the chat feature. was told that it is not available in my area. guy did say that they are laying down cables so there's that. i do not see them laying down cables in my sector which has independent houses. i mean there are a lot of PGs but seriously, who would invest in hardware to properly utilize 1gbps speeds on multiple floors. most people seem to be happy with 820 rupee excitel plan.

especially considering the same plan is also being used by shops and pgs in my area. spectra is likely to not offer home plans to commercial users.