Spectra and seedbox

pudu123

Regular
ISP
Airtel Xtreme 40Mbps
Hi,

I am having streaming issues with media stored in my seedbox. It’s a 100 mbit seedbox which means it can provide twice the speed of my current 50mbps Internet plan.

I am having difficulty streaming even a 3-4 GB HD video stored in the seedbox.

I am in Noida.

is this a ISP peering issue or something else?

Which seedbox provider?

If it takes that long to download a 200MB file on a 50Mbit then there is definitely some peering issue. You should try streaming on a VPN see if that improves it.

@JB700

Ok. 1 hour was maybe incorrect. It takes about 15 minutes to download a 200 mb file which is still ridiculous for 50mbps connection.

Then i tried VPN.

It improved sftp speeds by 10%.

I used 2 different VPN services on my android phone to test it out.

Tunnelbear and seedbox.io vpn

---

Then i used Google drive to download a file from. A 50mb file took 20 seconds which is still slow for a 50mbps connection but it's better than the seedbox download speeds

Last edited:
Can you do a traceroute to your seedbox IP? Hide the last hop ofc

They have a reroute option. Not sure if its available on your slot though

Hi,

I am having streaming issues with media stored in my seedbox. It’s a 100 mbit seedbox which means it can provide twice the speed of my current 50mbps Internet plan.

I am having difficulty streaming even a 3-4 GB HD video stored in the seedbox.

I am in Noida.

is this a ISP peering issue or something else?
This is due to the peering issue. Most ISPs gives their advertised speed only in India. When we connect to servers they reduce the speeds to save cost of bandwidth. You can rclone the files from seedbox to Gdrive then download the file from Gdrive this way you will get full speed

@minuteman

i have a couple of TBs of data. I’m assuming that rclone will consume my bandwidth or can it be done over the cloud? There is a service called multcloud which does that but I’m not sure if it’s applicable here For seedbox rclone.

Depends on the provider. You'll have to ask your support. Because mine doesn't seem to count rclone or Plex.

@JB700

seedbox.io customer care said they dont support rclone on their shared plans. I guess I’ll have to look for alternative.

can you recommend a India friendly seedbox if there is any?

i don’t want to download from seedbox and play media as I don’t have a desktop PC or NAS.

My currnt method is to use real debrid with Kodi to steam stuff.

the problem is its difficult to stream high bitrate media via the method and also content is restricted to popular stuff.

If I want to get access to rarer or older stuff, I then have to look at private tracker+seedbox combo. I don’t know anything about Usenet. I’m assuming Usenet was not really built for streaming with their .rar stuff.

what would you recommend I do?
right now, it seems like if I want to stream high Quality stuff, rclone from seedbox to gdrive is the way to go. The problem is I don’t know how expensive it is going to turn out to be. i can’t find any decent seedbox deals less than 6-7 bucks a month

Try Seedhost. They don't count GDrive uploads on rclone towards quota though they don't have Plex.

I would recommend a easy private tracker for high bitrate stuff. Message me if you are interested.

@JB700

i am more than covered on the private tracker stuff. That’s not my issue.

peering is the issue. All I want is to be able to stream high bitrate stuff. I don’t care about Plex.

I will give seedhost a try.
So, that’s what I guess I’m going to do.
  • get seedhost
  • get added to team drive
  • setup rclone
  • stream from gdrive

That's exactly what you need to do. You should use automation tools like Radarr and Sonarr as well.

Seedhost has fuse mount too so you can straight mount the gdrive and download to there (don't seed from there though you'll hit api cap)