Spectra 1gbps connection user experience

@Ameen, which plan/ISP are you on? What kind of speeds do you get to local/international/YT servers?

Bsnl ftth. 50mbps plan😭😭

Screenshot_20200322-005441.webp

Despite couple bad experiences before its been quite a bit stable for past few months
I'm guessing that good run is going to end again since I think they're having some issues with all Google related products speed drops few minutes after IP change i guess I'll need to figure this out later

But anyway I renewed my subscription again for 21months since there's still no isp that provides gigabit that's actually unlimited its been stable enough but might get excitel or airtel as backup

@Rhishav its usually between 10-30TB and my average for past 6 months is around 18TB/month.
Speeds are dependent on regions routings and the IP you're assigned to. Somedays you get great speeds to all regions and some other days its practically dsl. But i get around this problem by changing the IP when i notice there is a issue (which happens a lot less now compared to before ). Also i get pretty good speeds anywhere from 400-900 mbps to couple of PIA VPN servers so most of my mission critical applications are routed using that Indian server for better routing or european servers for applications that need more bandwidth. once you figure out your setup and solve its problems its good as it gets.

I'm locked in with my old pricing when i first brought the connection or the recent price hikes didn't affect me so i paid 21.9k for 21 months

@The_PC_Guy Gigabit to DSL is a bit disappointing. But you have your workaround fixing your problems.
30TB?🤪 Never heard anyone else using that much data.
Also can you suggest any solution for port forwarding for CG-NAT ISP? Like any VPN or something?

Spectra does some fancy shit which allows me to port forward even though its technically CG-NAT thats another reason i like to stay with spectra.

But for other ISP yeah zerotier or similar solutions would but you'd need to have a VPS or a server. Or using a VPN like PIA / AirVPN / mullavad who support portfordwing works too and personally i like these and are easy to configure.
But if you want a specific port to be forwarded then you'd need something like zerotier

^ You're lucky!

18TB average usage per month - 99% of the Indian ISP will suspend the connection.

Excitel with its famous unlimited policy does terminate services at 7TB!