Spectra 1gbps connection user experience

The_PC_Guy

twitter feud always works the best
they're now actually finally at least working on the issue

The_PC_Guy

Update : Internet was down for about 10-12 hours today
But now that its back speeds are slow again new support request open !
i'm seeing 50-100mbps down and 3-20 mbps upload speeds

varkey

Yeah was down from 2:30 AM to 11:30 AM 😑 Haven't checked the speeds post restoration though.

The_PC_Guy

@varkey what do you have for backup connection now?
i was thinking about going for airtel for a few months as they now have a 3.3TB FUP

varkey

I use a JioFi as the backup WAN. Although I only activate a plan as needed, last 1-2 months I wasn't in Bangalore much.

Yeah, I want to try Airtel, but they only have xDSL in my area. Max 40 Mbps. When I checked with them a month back, I was told FTTH would be available around December. 🤞 🤷‍♂️

The_PC_Guy

i'll check too i tired getting jio before but the owner of my place didn't want them to dig neither were my neighbors interested in Jio. but now that its a mess i'd rather avoid it. Hopefully i can get some ISP that doesn't have CG-NAT or somehow allows port-forwarding like spectra

varkey

There is BSNL FTTH btw, you get public IP too. Since the Banaswadi exchange is nearby, I think they might have service.

The_PC_Guy

Public IP is nice but i kinda have lost trust on BSNL from long time wither way i'll try to switch multiple ISP's (as secondary connection ) in the next few months

The_PC_Guy

Update: So they called me to confirm if the problem was fixed but did kinda fix it but its still broken as ever
download speed to Bangalore spectra is good but speeds for rest of the world is terrible
testing on their own servers in Delhi,Chennai, Mumbai i get 120 down and 700 upload (i got them to somehow fix upload last time around when there was same issue for months)
except for few servers rest of the international servers get like 30 download and 500-700 upload

but according to them its "latency" even to other servers in Bangalore and only spectra server can be used ! i really cant understand these ISP logic

The_PC_Guy

Talked to over 4 reps everyone basically says the same thing
Sir this is home connection we can only promise speed to spectra Bangalore if you want better routing for speeds for other places you need buy a business plan