Spectra 1gbps connection user experience

Enjoy while it lasts, I suspect spectra is soon going to implement some form of throttling to prevent heavy usage of their network. 🙂

Shyam spectra is run by a bunch of crooks. They have been throttling since past couple of months, very heavily. My connection drops to <10mbps from 350mbps (supposed to be 850mbps+) after 9.00pm till midnight. Torrents are being blocked during the day and now from the past few days many file sharing sites download speeds has dropped to kbps. During peak hours am only getting around 100mbps during the day. Before i told them that am a techie, the amount of nonsense spewed out by the tech support on-site and off-site in order to fool me was amazing.

They keep asking to check speed test via remote desktop, of only <my city> server and then when i show them despite good connection speed, how download speeds falls (d/l file from nvidia or Apple) after throttling at 9.00pm, they have the audacity to say (multiple guys and recorded on phone as well) they never promised consistent download speed but only connection speed to the server and close the issue. Am stuck with them for a few months but need someone's help in teaching them a lesson.

Last edited:
they did once suspend my account (connection was down about 24 hours till i got them to resolve it) when i did around 1.5TB per day for 3 days straight but after a call and a note on my account it never happened again i'm already over 25TB this month
@The_PC_Guy, are you still using Spectra in bangalore?? If so can you please help me with some info.

Anyone knows spectra's email id?

Finally I am disconnecting the connection and mail sent to care@spectra.co got automatic reply:

"care@spectra.co id will be deactivated with effect from 15th Feb 2021 midnight.

In future you can connect with us through the “My Spectra” app which is the fastest channel to reach us and get your queries resolved. "