Specific Requests for Hayai Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter mgcarley
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 315
  • Views Views 56,821
Status
Not open for further replies.
removed that post because it added nothing to the thread? someone posted a blog post about information about hayai with pretty much outdated information. in simple terms seo crap.

Hayai Broadband looks pretty serious in their long term plans. Hayai Broadband is probably the first company to provide (affordable!) 100mbps plans. Hayai Broadband is offering a variety of plans so you should be able to find something that meets your requirement.

Indeed.

Hayai Broadband offers 100 mbps connectivity with other users of the service (in most plans) so you can get much faster speeds on your torrent clients.

Correct, although this shouldn't be the primary motivation for switching to us 😀

You might have to pay your local cable operator to ‘not destroy Hayai Equipments’. This is despite the fact that they would be paying them directly!

Hopefully this will not be the case for anyone - many operators are somewhat cordial to us, but some are just sociopaths, and it's those guys we worry about most. Our next tactic will be to try and convince them to let us re-build their networks from scratch, completely with FTTH. You know, keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

You would be required to pay a small fee to downgrade to a cheaper plan. You would have to wait till the next billing period to change your plan.

Nope. Never been the case. This is why we bill per 30 days - 30 days is easily broken down in to hours, so we can theoretically change the plan almost immediately and charge to the nearest hour.

And the downgrade fee only applies on flat-rate. Data-plan subscribers can buy as little or as much as they want without any penalty whatsoever.

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

removed that post because it added nothing to the thread? someone posted a blog post about information about hayai with pretty much outdated information. in simple terms seo crap.

Ah, yes. Well. I have asked that website to update the information on that post anyway.

This is January 2010 we're talking about. Unless I recall wrong (which is entirely likely), this was at the time when link-removed was either still illegal or was offline briefly while it turned legal.

I did not check the video upload date, and i hope u would post another video which can touch more than 5mb/s Download speed. i have already experienced 3mb/sec download speed and wanted to see more fastest than tat

Which post? I didn't delete any.

Admin did it, it was from letmeget.com hayai's Review.

Originally Posted by Topweb
Right now I'm getting 700 knps download speed on an Airtel 4 mbps plan. This is a home ADSL plan.

On another connection with business ADSL plan, download speed is around 200 kbps on a 2 mbps connection. I am paying Rs 1299 per month plus tax for 8GB download on this connection and as per Airtel's claims, service is supposed to be much better on a business broadband connection compared with their home user plans.

That's outrageous. I thought the 4mbit/s plan with 8GB of usage was 899 + tax?

The 4 mbps plan that I have includes 25 GB download at 4 mbps, that is the FUP and beyond that it is 256 kbps unlimited. I am paying Rs 1399 plus tax per month for this connection.

The 2 mbps business broadband plan that I have has 8GB hard cap. Beyond 8GB they charge Rs 0.10 per MB or around Rs 100 per GB plus tax. One static IP is included in this plan.

The 4 mbps plan that I have includes 25 GB download at 4 mbps, that is the FUP and beyond that it is 256 kbps unlimited. I am paying Rs 1399 plus tax per month for this connection.

The 2 mbps business broadband plan that I have has 8GB hard cap. Beyond 8GB they charge Rs 0.10 per MB or around Rs 100 per GB plus tax. One static IP is included in this plan.

Ah, right, I misunderstood which was which. If you use enough GBs, a leased line would work out cheaper!!

No. With the equipment that's available now, a standard GPON tree runs at 2.5Gbit/s down, 1.25Gbit/s up (although Alcatel has recently released equipment that's capable of 10 down, 2.5 up and soon will have equipment that's capable of 10gbit/s symmetrical) - but consumer hardware hasn't caught up to that speed yet - that's the limitation.

I plan on having 10Gbit/s options for schools and MNCs because that usage would be spread across many users.

Yes It could be used for schools and MNCs.
You are telling that you are planning to give max 100mbps to each user.
Actually, we have limitation on LAN card of 100mbps. Even we can not go beyond if any case you distribute more than 100mbps from there.

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

Nope. Never been the case. This is why we bill per 30 days - 30 days is easily broken down in to hours, so we can theoretically change the plan almost immediately and charge to the nearest hour.

And the downgrade fee only applies on flat-rate. Data-plan subscribers can buy as little or as much as they want without any penalty whatsoever.

Actually, mg I do not agree with your policy. this is not fair to take charge for plan migration whatever it is whether it is flat rate or data. It means no body will not move on to flat tariff who wants to take a trial of that tariff. Even we also had not paid any charge for migration from one to another tariff in any company.

Actually, mg I do not agree with your policy. this is not fair to take charge for plan migration whatever it is whether it is flat rate or data. It means no body will not move on to flat tariff who wants to take a trial of that tariff. Even we also had not paid any charge for migration from one to another tariff in any company.

The fee will be on downgrade ONLY(eg from 10 to 5 or 25 to 5 or 50 to 25 etc etc). No charges for users wanting to switch from data to flat or to higher flat rate.

...and that too is being tried on to be taken completely rid of.

Actually, we have limitation on LAN card of 100mbps. Even we can not go beyond if any case you distribute more than 100mbps from there.

The 1st First u wont opt for 100mbps+ plan if ur ethernet doesnt support More than 100mbit/s.
I think Its time we buy ethernet cards/Network adapters that support 1Gbit/s. There is no use of More than 1gbps or more than that in next 10 years or So.

P.S:this is my 500th Post .. YAY!!:yahoo:

Some LAN cards go up to 1Gbit/s, but the point is that only carrier-grade equipment even supports 10gbit/s at the moment, so an MNC or school would be getting a lot more than a CPE - they'd be getting a complete kit to manage the network - we're talking at least 1000+ students or employees on a single campus here, of which there are only a relatively limited number, even in such a massive country as India.

There is only one circumstance in which any kind of charge is levied for a plan change, and that's downgrading from one flat-rate tier to a lower flat-rate tier. I don't realistically anticipate anyone wanting to do that anyway - maybe 1 in 10,000 - but most others will probably only want to move up. Upgrading does not cost, and buying different amounts of data on a data plan incurs no penalty either.

The 1st First u wont opt for 100mbps+ plan if ur ethernet doesnt support More than 100mbit/s.
I think Its time we buy ethernet cards/Network adapters that support 1Gbit/s. There is no about the use of such Mbps or more than that in next 5-8 years or So.

P.S:this is my 500th Post .. YAY!!:yahoo:

congratulations!

Am Damn Sleepy man wrote all non sense already "There is no about the use of " Kathe.Dont know what else il write. Good night am off to sleep:isleep:

What if Mg Never saw an ad for Reliance Netconnect+ which offered it’s 3.1mbit/s wireless service for Rs1800 with a 10GB fair usage policy??We would have stuck with 256kbit and 512kbit/s Only!😡

Status
Not open for further replies.