Specific Requests for Hayai Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter mgcarley
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 315
  • Views Views 56,802
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you post the Torrents Downloads Screenshots of india. I know you're in NZ. but somehow much try to get the Torrent downloads speeds of Data plans?

Check my Youtube videos - I posted a few about a year ago. It got up to 30mbit/s before the torrent actually finished.

Need to try a larger (more well seeded) torrent one day, but those are rarely legal, so I couldn't really post a video of that!

Can you post the Torrents Downloads Screenshots of india. I know you're in NZ. but somehow much try to get the Torrent downloads speeds of Data plans?

He posted some torrent download video's previously on his YouTube.. Click Me

Edit:
Check my Youtube videos - I posted a few about a year ago. It got up to 30mbit/s before the torrent actually finished.

Need to try a larger (more well seeded) torrent one day, but those are rarely legal, so I couldn't really post a video of that!

We both posted same time 😛

Not impressed:impissed:

When was the last time you downloaded Ubuntu in .. 5 mins 23 seconds? 😛

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like corrupted file download.No offense.Pretty damn good speed.

When was the last time you downloaded Ubuntu in .. 5 mins 23 seconds? 😛

Too cool huh??
I know how lame people are 5mins, 23sec kathe just notice the system time in the video started at 6:43 Ended at 7:27Pm!
Even i though i Agree that it took Nearly 44 mins. the torrent also wasnt Seeded, thats the reason it took that much time. If it was well seeded as Mg told speeds went up to 30mbit/s so it would have taken 18-20min Approx To download the file. Mg, Should tried downloading some movie? why test with ubuntu 😀

It looks like corrupted file download.

No offense.
Pretty damn good speed.

The file Torrent wasnt Seeded. In the vdo he was trying to add Trackers!

Too cool huh??
I know how lame people are 5mins, 23sec kathe just notice the system time in the video started at 6:43 Ended at 7:27Pm!
Even i though i Agree that it took Nearly 44 mins. the torrent also wasnt Seeded, thats the reason it took that much time. If it was well seeded as Mg told speeds went up to 30mbit/s so it would have taken 18-20min Approx To download the file. Mg, Should tried downloading some movie? why test with ubuntu 😀

The file Torrent wasnt Seeded. In the vdo he was trying to add Trackers!

Read the thread. He said that he downloaded the dvd because it was NOT ILLEGAL to do so.

Not impressed:impissed:

Right now I'm getting 700 knps download speed on an Airtel 4 mbps plan. This is a home ADSL plan.

On another connection with business ADSL plan, download speed is around 200 kbps on a 2 mbps connection. I am paying Rs 1299 per month plus tax for 8GB download on this connection and as per Airtel's claims, service is supposed to be much better on a business broadband connection compared with their home user plans.

MTNL is slightly better and download speed on a 2 mbps UL plan is 1.4 mbps from a server in the softlayer.net datacenter in the USA.

I am not even starting to talk about upload speed on these connections that are no more than 230 kbps on any connection. More than 2/3 of my working days is spent waiting on goddamn uploads to complete. I think I'll get old and die waiting for uploads to complete.

So if (and mind you, it is a big if) and when Hayai broadband is launched and if they are able to actually provide even 10% of the promised speed (10 mbps download and say 5 mbps upload speed on 100 mbps data plan), it will be a big change in the situation I am currently in.

Read the thread. He said that he downloaded the dvd because it was NOT ILLEGAL to do so.

I know ubuntu is legal. But for my satisfaction i am asking as a movie will be seeded well but its illegal. Actually i was referring to legal torrents @ link-removed. U need not to Teach! Ok ?

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

Right now I'm getting 700 knps download speed on an Airtel 4 mbps plan. This is a home ADSL plan.

On another connection with business ADSL plan, download speed is around 200 kbps on a 2 mbps connection. I am paying Rs 1299 per month plus tax for 8GB download on this connection and as per Airtel's claims, service is supposed to be much better on a business broadband connection compared with their home user plans.

MTNL is slightly better and download speed on a 2 mbps UL plan is 1.4 mbps from a server in the softlayer.net datacenter in the USA.

I am not even starting to talk about upload speed on these connections that are no more than 230 kbps on any connection. More than 2/3 of my working days is spent waiting on goddamn uploads to complete. I think I'll get old and die waiting for uploads to complete.

So if (and mind you, it is a big if) and when Hayai broadband is launched and if they are able to actually provide even 10% of the promised speed (10 mbps download and say 5 mbps upload speed on 100 mbps data plan), it will be a big change in the situation I am currently in.

Always mention Airtel Fuped broadband in stead of "Airtel" or " Airtel Broadband"

then wait for hayai to come last and win the contest while here we enjoy hayai connections......beat that

Actually I own a Flat in Sion(W) Mumbai but my folks still live in my HomeTown ie Dhule... So I m sure even if I m not among the 1st to get Hayai I for sure wont be the last 😛 ...

BTW regarding the video of the torrent download... It is clear MG didnt have many seeds in the start... Even at the end when he kept on adding trackers the no of leachers was very high compared to the seeders.. For those asking him to download some highly seeded movie or Game have to remember that the cyber crime branch might not come after consumers like us , they will certainly go after an ISP owner who makes a public video about illegal torrent downloads...

Actually I own a Flat in Sion(W) Mumbai but my folks still live in my HomeTown ie Dhule... So I m sure even if I m not among the 1st to get Hayai I for sure wont be the last 😛 ...

BTW regarding the video of the torrent download... It is clear MG didnt have many seeds in the start... Even at the end when he kept on adding trackers the no of leachers was very high compared to the seeders.. For those asking him to download some highly seeded movie or Game have to remember that the cyber crime branch might not come after consumers like us , they will certainly go after an ISP owner who makes a public video about illegal torrent downloads...

It's not impossible to provide coverage in Sion, it's just going to take longer amount of time that's all.

For the crime branch, what matters is that if the law applies in the particular country or not.
So basically I can download a GTA 4 14 gb game here without fear as US copyright laws do not apply in India, but in NZ they may apply and mg may get sued for the same.

Always mention Airtel Fuped broadband in stead of "Airtel" or " Airtel Broadband"

LOL :smile:

acc1444 said:
Mg
I found this on wiki
10 Gigabit Ethernet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Is it like you are building or you network is limited upto 1gbps ???????/

No. With the equipment that's available now, a standard GPON tree runs at 2.5Gbit/s down, 1.25Gbit/s up (although Alcatel has recently released equipment that's capable of 10 down, 2.5 up and soon will have equipment that's capable of 10gbit/s symmetrical) - but consumer hardware hasn't caught up to that speed yet - that's the limitation.

I plan on having 10Gbit/s options for schools and MNCs because that usage would be spread across many users.

acc1444 said:
It looks like corrupted file download.

No offense.
Pretty damn good speed.

It's not as good as it could be, but it's better than a kick up the ass.

vikkymath said:
Too cool huh??

It's legal. I could also have tried downloading something with Miro or whatever but I didn't have Miro on that particular system. When I get back I think these videos will need to be updated with the latest.

cst1992 said:

Correct.

Topweb said:

That's outrageous. I thought the 4mbit/s plan with 8GB of usage was 899 + tax?

Topweb said:

We may definitely be able to help you there.

vikkymath said:
I know ubuntu is legal. But for my satisfaction i am asking as a movie will be seeded well but its illegal. Actually i was referring to legal torrents @ link-removed. U need not to Teach! Ok ?

This is January 2010 we're talking about. Unless I recall wrong (which is entirely likely), this was at the time when link-removed was either still illegal or was offline briefly while it turned legal.

rajadeep said:

Yeah, pretty much. Of course if I'd had video editing software on that computer (I just used some random screencap software to prepare that), I probably could have downloaded a movie and just blurred it out.

cst1992 said:
It's not impossible to provide coverage in Sion, it's just going to take longer amount of time that's all.

For the crime branch, what matters is that if the law applies in the particular country or not.
So basically I can download a GTA 4 14 gb game here without fear as US copyright laws do not apply in India, but in NZ they may apply and mg may get sued for the same.

Except that those videos were taken in India. But still, while it wouldn't technically be illegal to have downloaded some random TPB latest movie and provide screenshots of that, it might open me up to unwanted legal issues or worse, problems when travelling to places like the USA (I'm sure you've read the articles about people who find themselves subject to interrogation and/or have their electronics taken off of them at the border).

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

vikkymath said:
May i know why my post has been deleted??

Which post? I didn't delete any.

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

There's not even any deleted posts in the thread, but I got an email with this text (which I can't seem to find in the thread itself, so perhaps you edited the post unwittingly):

Positive Review for Hayai Broadband:

Hayai Broadband looks pretty serious in their long term plans. Hayai Broadband is probably the first company to provide (affordable!) 100mbps plans. Hayai Broadband is offering a variety of plans so you should be able to find something that meets your requirement.

Hayai Broadband offers 100 mbps connectivity with other users of the service (in most plans) so you can get much faster speeds on your torrent clients.

Negative review for Hayai Broadband:

You might have to pay your local cable operator to ‘not destroy Hayai Equipments’. This is despite the fact that they would be paying them directly!

You would be required to pay a small fee to downgrade to a cheaper plan. You would have to wait till the next billing period to change your plan.

Hayai Broadband India: Tariff Plans & Review

I hope Mg would make sure that there is no such Negative thing in Hayai's Dictionary

Status
Not open for further replies.