Special Tata Sky Review

• Thread starter Thread starter rajatjsr
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 10,857

rajatjsr

Hi,
After reading the reviews on mouthshut I bout Tata Sky in Delhi. I have 3 options to choose from:

1. Hathway
2. Dish TV
3. Tata Sky

I choose Tata Sky. Now something good about Tata Sky:

1. Good audio & video quality
2. User-friendly interface

Now something I don't liked:

1. High subscription: Even after increasing the subscription to Rs 300, we are not getting all the channels.

2. Less channels: I request you to not see the no. of channles as 50 % are free to air in the list of channels shown by Tata Sky. Neo sports & CNN IBN channels are not included in thier package.

3. Poor customer support: The toll free no. is not reachable 99.99 % & one has to call the STD nos.

4. Poor installation: I agree that the material used like the wires, dish etc are of good quality but the installation is not that gr8. Those who have a Airtel broadband connection in Delhi know the kind of installation they do is far better than Tata Sky.

5. World class service: It should be third class service. I called the CC everyday to enquire if Neo Sports would be available before the series start & they don't have an answer to it till today. The only answer they have is they are trying.

6.Finally, if you are changing your house be prepared to pay Rs 1000 again for the installation, irrespective of you are shifting in the same locality, city or state. The dish belong to the company & not to the comsumer.

Just a few thoughts to leave you with:

1. If we the subscriber don't pay the subscription to Tata Sky they have an option to discontinue our services, but if Tata sky don't show the channels that are in their package do we as subscriber has the right to pay them less. The answer is a big NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

2. The same if done in US by any of the DTH Company they would be taken to the court.

3. Last but not the least we as a country are providing Customer Care support to big MNC's all over the work through call centers but we the consumers of India don't get the same in our own country.

Cheers !!!

Rajat

oh u definitely have the option to go to the courts. even in india.

Yes people, think twice before jumping to conclusions and deciding which one to opt. I opeted for Tata Sky and within 3 months I had to shift. Now not only they demanded Rs. 1000/- as relocation charges but they also demanded a written application by fax. Is n't Rs. 1000/- too High? Also you do not have any option to relocate yourself. You have to depend upon them only. What TRAI is doing on this? I really had a bad flavour in my mouth and I decided to discontinue the service. The digicomp is still lying with me. Do not know whether I will be able to us that or not? World over you always have the option to switch over to new DTH Provider using your own digicomp. Meaning thereby you are not dependent on your DTH provider for hardware. He merely provide you with DigiCard or Decoder Card. 🙁 CA. Deepak Bholusaria

QUOTE(Rajat Puri @ Jan 23 2007, 03:07 PM) [snapback]76521[/snapback]
The dish belong to the company & not to the comsumer.[/b]

Are you sure of this. From what I know , this applies to Zee's Dish TV . For, Tata Sky it belongs to the user. Or.....The digicomp belongs to user & dish belongs to company....LOL

QUOTE(mhsabir @ Jan 23 2007, 11:20 PM) [snapback]76577[/snapback]
Are you sure of this. From what I know , this applies to Zee's Dish TV . For, Tata Sky it belongs to the user. Or.....The digicomp belongs to user & dish belongs to company....LOL[/b]

Hi,
This is for your information that in case of Dish Tv the Set top box would belong to the customer after 5 years, but there is nothing like that in case of tata sky. Whereas, in case of Tata Sky, as per the agreement doc the dish as well as the Set top box belongs to the company. Pls reffer to the Subscription Contract booklet given by tata sky.

QUOTE(dips0502 @ Jan 23 2007, 05:55 PM) [snapback]76538[/snapback]
Cant you do the installation yourself ?[/b]

Hi,
We can install the dish if you know to do the same. You need to know the degree & the angle. Moreover, according to the Tata Sky agreement you are not supposed to take the dish along with you but you will have to call Tata Sky & inform them that you are shifhting & they will come & take the dish. If they finds out that you have setup the dish yourself in the place you have shifted, then they have the rights to deactivate services. I request you all to go through the Subscription Contract agreement before buying Tata Sky.

Cheers!
Rajat

QUOTE(coolbuddy_79 @ Jan 24 2007, 11:43 PM) [snapback]76695[/snapback]
i'm not going with DTH till all the dust is settled -_-[/b]

Hi,
Ya did a mistake of buying Tata Sky, I would just suggest everone that pls wait as Airtel will be launching their IP TV in Delhi by 2nd week of Feb. Try Hathway in the mean while their services are bette than that of other local cable walla's.

i don't think even IPTV would do some wonders!!!they'd have the same bouquet of channels as the DTH...may be just a different bit of pricing...u guys tell me this...DO I NEED ALL THIS CRAP IF I CAN'T WATCH WHAT I WANT TO??? :angry:

depends upon what is the reason behind the dead phone. if the wiring is cut from somewhere of course everything would be down.

the signal will be carried by the telephone wire, so if there is any disruption in the wire nothing will work..

QUOTE(WiZaRd @ Jan 26 2007, 03:19 PM) [snapback]76978[/snapback]
the signal will be carried by the telephone wire, so if there is any disruption in the wire nothing will work..[/b]

Sounds like a tragedy in the making - relying on Yadav from MTNL for telephone, Internet AND television! I say Yadav coz they never give their real names when you ask - the last three guys who serviced my phone have been 'Yadav'! Just another inside joke played on the unsuspecting public!