Special Tata Sky Review

• Thread starter Thread starter rajatjsr
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 10,858
QUOTE(Rajat Puri @ Jan 24 2007, 11:38 PM) [snapback]76694[/snapback]
Hi,
This is for your information that in case of Dish Tv the Set top box would belong to the customer after 5 years, but there is nothing like that in case of Tata Sky. Whereas, in case of Tata Sky, as per the agreement doc the dish as well as the Set top box belongs to the company. Pls reffer to the Subscription Contract booklet given by tata sky.[/b]
Dish TV will belong to customer after 5 years - are you sure of that - coz from their Customer Service reps - DishTV are yet to decide on that - as what will be done after 5 yeasr. If you are 100% sure can you tell us what is the source of your info

Why are people concerned with the DishTV stb ? DishTV in the next 5 years will have lost more than 50% of their existing customers to Tata Sky , Reliance's BlueMagic and Airtel DTH who imo will be far more better providers than dishTV.

Nothing is certain... May be all these will lose 90% of their customers to IPTV.... Too many ifs and buts 🙂

hmm...i don't think so...i think u'd prefer TV to PC anyday...anyhow, am able to connect my TV to my PC now...and now i can relax in my bed and watch "stuff" 🙄

I think IPTV doesn't mean u can watch it on PC only.... It just work like CAS or DTH... In this u will have STB too...

QUOTE(Rajat Puri @ Jan 24 2007, 11:38 PM) [snapback]76694[/snapback]
Hi,
This is for your information that in case of Dish Tv the Set top box would belong to the customer after 5 years, but there is nothing like that in case of Tata Sky. Whereas, in case of Tata Sky, as per the agreement doc the dish as well as the Set top box belongs to the company. Pls reffer to the Subscription Contract booklet given by tata sky.
Hi,
We can install the dish if you know to do the same. You need to know the degree & the angle. Moreover, according to the Tata Sky agreement you are not supposed to take the dish along with you but you will have to call Tata Sky & inform them that you are shifhting & they will come & take the dish. If they finds out that you have setup the dish yourself in the place you have shifted, then they have the rights to deactivate services. I request you all to go through the Subscription Contract agreement before buying Tata Sky.

Cheers!
Rajat[/b]

This is part of an email I got from Tata sky regarding ownership of dish
'Further, we would like to inform you that, once you purchase the Tata Sky connection, the Digicomp and the remote will be owned by you and the Dish will be the owned by the company'