• Thread starter Thread starter oldtimer
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 43
  • Views Views 54,616

oldtimer

Geriatrix
ISP
bsnl 256kbps home 250 plan
Hey folks, Anyone here living with a problem like mine?BPL Mobile/hutch keeps flooding my inbox with ad-messages regarding some stupid offer or the other. To add insult to injury, they have changed my caller ring-tone without asking me. My callers hear some wierd ad-song about their superhuman tariff. Some of of my callers are being put off. Repeated requests have had no effect. Do I really have to suffer this indignity? Or is the only solution to migrate? Mine is a prepaid connection. I think postpaid-ers do not have this problem.

same problem on airtel prepaid. hutch used to be better but they are irritating me now as well.

Thanks sushubh. Have you any idea what the fine-print in their terms of service says?Can they just go on a riot like this compromising customer interests? Particularly because we are "captive customers" - a whole lot of phone books will have to be changed if we migrate? Isn't this some kind of arm twisting?

Call up customercare......this happened to me on airtel....i had to call them thrice before they stopped

yup. yelling and cursing them might help in some cases. we need supreme court to setup a ruling on this one too like they did with credit card recovery methods of banks and financial institutions.

culdnt get anything out of the MTNL guys, they are plain dumb 😕

Hey man Mtnl are not dumb, they respect our privacy dont bug us with nonsense messages and also their charges are the cheapest.I would have changed my Orange connection to Mtnl but only problem is I am using this number for more than 4 years so changing it involves a lot of problems.Wish we had number portability system in India like they have in the US...

I have used Mtnl and i have shifted to Orange. Believe me there are a hell lot of network problems in dolphin. Yes i agree that they have improved to some extent but there are lot many problems in the eastern suburbs of Mumbai.The Base stations are low in numbers. Sometimes the network just disappears . They say they provide GPRS when i asked them to activate the GPRs they said "Its not available in your area".I gave a lot of feedback as well as complaint but nothing worked.Positive point in Mtnl Dolphin is that they give very good coverage in Bsnl for Roaming.

MTNL has just introduced Recharge coupon of Rs 2000 with full talktime and 1 year validity.....who gives such offer.....their rates are damn cheap as well

Originally posted by boygr8@Dec 17 2005, 11:12 PM
Call up customercare......this happened to me on airtel....i had to call them thrice before they stopped
[snapback]36227[/snapback]
[/quote]

Sorry no hope for me there! Those people promise to pass the request to the "authorities" but i think the request just goes into the recycle bin (or bit-bucket whichever u prefer)!!

whatever the TOS they aren't supposed to change anything without our consent.

Thanks folks,I called up their call-centre and spoke my mind. There seems to be some action. No spam for some time now. Hope this lasts!